When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Director with Hines, you will manage multiple real estate development and/or redevelopment projects. You will also be responsible and accountable for project financial results and investment returns for Hines and its co-investors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research potential land sites and coordinate with acquisition team
- Develop relationships with landowners, developers, civic and community groups, and government agencies conducive to originating, supporting, or processing new opportunities
- Coordinate all underwriting aspects of acquisitions and build project proforma: market research, municipal fees, site constraints, development budget, development schedule, construction budget, construction schedule, operating budget, and financial assumptions
- Gain entitlements for development projects through governmental agencies, formulate strategies, and direct internal and external development teams as needed
- Perform all predevelopment activities including feasibility, design, layout and entitlement, permitting and due diligence. Collaborate with senior management and consultant team to determine and program the scope, quality and design of projects
- Work with senior management on final development agreements and easement agreements
- Coordinate with finance team on loan requirements
- Complete inspections and review legal documents related to property acquisitions, including purchase agreements, title and survey, government agreements and closing exhibits
- Execute and fine tune business plan (process entitlements and position for joint venture or sale; process entitlements and perform vertical construction)
- Develop and refine plans, designs, cost estimates, permitting and project timelines during the pre-construction period
- Coordinate with construction team throughout predevelopment and into construction to verify a smooth project transition and ensure that all development agreements and assumptions are maintained
- Facilitate correspondence between construction and design teams
- Coordinate with Property Management and Asset Management on operating budget assumptions and lease-up schedule throughout the lease-up process to verify accuracy of the underwriting assumptions
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings between construction and Property Management to keep projects on track
- Update and track all proforma/budget changes throughout projects and maintain monthly updates to senior management from acquisition through project completion
- Acquire and maintain all documents for final project close-out, including all outstanding letters of credit or bonds that need to be posted
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required; MBA in Business, Finance or Real Estate strongly preferred
- Five or more years related real estate and sales experience
- Multifamily development experience a plus
- Industrial development experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.