At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott is seeking a passionate, experienced strategic medical device leader to join our Heart Failure Training & Education team. Heart Failure is a condition that affects 5 million people in the United States alone, and Abbott’s coordinated effort to bring new medical device solutions to this population will revolutionize how this debilitating condition is treated in the US and around the world.
This senior level opportunity is with our Global Heart Failure business. The restoration of blood flow to patients whose heart is no longer able to provide adequate cardiac output is the first goal of MCS therapy. The HeartMate family of chronic Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) are returning patients home to live their lives and improve quality of life and functional status, while also preventing costly hospitalizations that represent a significant drain on healthcare systems around the world. Further, Telemedicine and the recent availability of implanted remote pressure monitoring technologies now allows doctors to efficiently tailor and adjust patients’ pharmaceutical regimens on an individual basis – which has the ability to improve patients’ quality of life and functional status, while also preventing costly hospitalizations that represent a significant drain on healthcare systems around the world.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all professional (clinicians) training programs that facilitate the learning, professional development, compliance with IFU’s and best practices. Responsibilities include developing and managing clinical and product education programs for external audiences (physicians and nurses) that support the company’s overall marketing objectives. Further, this position will also be responsible for the creation, management and tracking performance of new employee and ongoing sales training of our field sales, market development and clinical teams. Manages monthly, quarterly and annual budgets. Effectively allocates resources to meet established business goals. This position will be responsible for the direct management of the leaders of Training and Education as well as the Training Coordinators.
- Working in collaboration with the Product Managers, Clinical Affairs, Scientific Affairs and Field Sales Leadership to develop design and implement sales strategy, clinical and product training programs and materials for customers as it relates to products manufactured and distributed by the company.
- Effective communication and collaboration with Divisional Vice President Sales, AreaVice Presidents, Region Sales Managers, Heart Failure Therapy Specialists, Clinical Managers, Field Team, Clinical Affairs, Marketing and otherinternal customers.
- Communicate regularly with the DVP HF Marketing to ensure alignment of priorities for HF Marketing and for Education & Training
- Identify opportunities in sales execution (sales, market development, technical and clinical) and formulate strategies to provide training to address these opportunities. Continually track effectiveness to make appropriate changes to the training plan.
- Develop strong lines of communication with all key internal corporate constituencies; Global Marketing, Sales, R&D, Complaint Handling, Technical Support, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, international geographies and Reimbursement
- Evaluate program effectiveness and revise training programs, materials, and instructional aids as required to ensure achievement of program objectives by individual learners and the plan as a whole.
- Oversee the design and implementation for new product launch training programs and materials in concert with product/marketing management.
- Provide support to Internal Customer training management through materials, and support for new hire training and ongoing training.
- With the assistance of the field Clinical team, develop and manage all customer educational opportunities, including both on- and off-site: Fellows programs, surgical training and VAD coordinator training.
- Work with key customers to develop educational and training partnerships.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s current proprietary technologies, products, and market strategy in order to develop sales and clinical education programs which complement and support the organization.
- Develop, recommend and implement plans for possible locations, contract execution, style and method or operation for training facilities.
- Produce cost-effective training programs within budgeted resources.
- Manage engagement of training centers, instructors, 3rd party consultants and resources.
- Perform other duties and work on special projects, as may be required by management
- Maintain demo product inventory and forecast demands
- Manage departmental T&E expenses within assigned budget and annually assists with preparation of operating budget.
- BS/BA degreerequired. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12+ year’s equivalent medical technologysales/clinical/training/adult education experience or equivalent experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent.
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience at a managerial level, including prior Director-level leadership experience at a medical technology company
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time, with regularly scheduled visits to Pleasanton, CA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the cardiovascular industry and working knowledge of medical terminology, medical procedures and the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop cardiovascular curriculum and implement the training.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement CEU/CME and non-CEU/CME approved training programs and self-study programs via on-line and CD/DVD modules preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to test for comprehension and evaluate effectiveness.
- Must be an effective teacher/leader catering to a variety of learning styles with emphasis on adult teaching skills.
- Solid skills using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Pleasanton : 6101 Stoneridge Dr
United States > Minnesota : 5050 NathanLane N.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.