At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott is seeking a passionate, experienced strategic medical device leader to join our Heart Failure team. Heart Failure is a condition that affects 5 million people in the United States alone, and Abbott’s coordinated effort to bring new medical device solutions to this population will revolutionize how this debilitating condition is treated in the US and around the world. This senior level opportunity is with our US Heart Failure business. The restoration of blood flow to patients whose heart is no longer able to provide adequate cardiac output is the first goal of MCS therapy. The HeartMate family of chronic Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) are returning patients home to live their lives and improve quality of life and functional status, while also preventing costly hospitalizations that represent a significant drain on healthcare systems around the world. Further, Telemedicine and the recent availability of implanted remote pressure monitoring technologies now allows doctors to efficiently tailor and adjust patients’ pharmaceutical regimens on an individual basis – which has the ability to improve patients’ quality of life and functional status, while also preventing costly hospitalizations that represent a significant drain on healthcare systems around the world.
The Director, US Product Marketing – Heart Failure leads the establishment of the marketing vision and annual objectives, goals, strategies and key initiatives for the US marketing organization. Manages a team of high-performing individuals and managers, provides informal and formal coaching in alignment with organizational objectives. Conducts regular performance assessments. Executes global product launch planning, including business objectives, product positioning and key selling messages. Leads cross functional teams to develop revenue growth programs, competitive insight and proactive positioning. Manages monthly, quarterly and annual budgets. Effectively allocates resources to meet established business goals. Leads product planning activities including business justification, executing and managing implementation of commercial strategies and development and execution of product commercialization plans. Builds relationships with key opinion leaders and customers to help develop/drive marketing strategies. Focal point for the Heart Failure team with regard to product and market knowledge,planning/execution,and achievement of business objectives
• Direct and coordinate Marketing and Market Development activities toward accomplishment of business goals and objectives
• Establish Marketing project priorities and allocate resources and workload
• Competition and Positioning: Thoroughly understand competitive offerings and provide commercial organizations with appropriate positioning and tools to differentiate product(s) versus the competition in a profitable manner that adds value to the customer.
• Ensure appropriate training and education is provided to those personnel that are involved in the use or application of division products
• Develop and execute marketing strategies through cross divisional collaboration, planning and influence
• Analyze results of executed strategies to assure achievement of company sales and profit objectives
• Works with internal business partners to develop integrated marketing plans to drive product mix and grow Abbott’s franchise to include clinical research and publications
• Trains, coaches, mentors, and evaluates team members and support group personnel to enhance the probability of successful project completion
• Prepare and manage annual department budget
• Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent, MBA preferred.
• 12+ years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent. 6+ years of demonstrated experience at a managerial level, including prior Director-level leadership experience at a medical technology company
• Extensive experience with strategic marketing, including launch, of US and global medical devices
• Professional Marketing Certification is preferred
• Strong interpersonal and people management skills
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Must demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize projects that align with corporate priorities
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to travel up to 50%
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Pleasanton : 6101 Stoneridge Dr
United States > Minnesota : 5050 NathanLane N.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.