Director, Healthcare Market (HD)Territory:
South Dakota/Iowa/Nebraska EcosystemNotes:
It is highly preferred that the candidate reside in the ecosystem and relocation benefits are not available for this role. Position Overview
From the beginning, Genentech has been a team of highly dedicated, passionate individuals. We are a place where people are united around a single purpose and an ambitious vision. Together, we aspire to deliver ever better health outcomes for patients while lowering overall healthcare costs.
The Director, Healthcare Market (HD) is at the forefront of our vision; focused on serving and partnering with our customers and their partners in delivering healthcare to patients locally. The Director, Healthcare Market works closely with the Executive Director, Healthcare Market (HED)
to contribute to and execute on the strategic vision for the ecosystem and lead the engagement with specified healthcare stakeholders in the ecosystems.
The Director, Healthcare Market will lead a diverse team of clinical and functional experts to deliver for our customers; engaging in the delivery of healthcare solutions, inclusive of patient outcomes, customer satisfaction, and advancing business priorities. The HD will lead an ecosystem Commercial team, which may include Therapeutic Area Managers, Field Reimbursement Managers, Business Engagement Managers and Clinical Coordinators. The team is accountable delivering growth across diverse portfolio of products, simultaneously holding ecosystem and therapeutic area priorities.Key Accountabilities
- Deeply understand the unique needs of each customer in their pursuit of improved patient outcomes, lower costs and improved quality of care by building, maintaining and leveraging networks and relationships in the healthcare ecosystem and co-creating solutions with customers
- Contribute to and execute portfolio strategic near and long-term vision and direction for the healthcare ecosystem set by the Executive Director, Healthcare Ecosystem and therapeutic areas to assist Squads in identifying partnerships and, under direction by the Squads executing partnerships which enhance customer experience, improve patient outcomes and deliver on business opportunities for Genentech
- Lead the development and execution of customer account planning for target account(s) across the portfolio to deliver maximum impact opportunities
- Build, lead and motivate a diverse team of people across the portfolio with deep functional and therapeutic area expertise. With the ecosystem leadership team, harness the collective expertise of the ecosystem team to engage effectively and compliantly across the ecosystem. Create and foster a culture that enables and requires employees at all levels to live our Operating Principles in all aspects of their work
Our Operating Principles:Put Patients First
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or other related graduate degree preferred
- Previous cross-functional industry experience in commercial life sciences (pharma or biotechnology) or related industry engaging with key healthcare ecosystem players (e.g., payers, health systems), is required
- Previous account management or alliance/partnership management experience, including developing and implementing account plans for various health ecosystem players (e.g., health system or hospital), is a strong plus
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformation is a strong plus
- Proven track record in coaching, training and/or mentoring peers or others as assigned; helping such others to better meet or exceed their goals, targets and other responsibilities
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
- Demonstration of in-depth knowledge of strategy development, including contracting strategy, administration and pull through is a strong plus
- Previous field sales management and/or marketing experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or related industry is strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of external laws, codes and company policies that apply to the healthcare industry
: I always act as if patients I know are in the room and do what's best for them.Follow the science
: I seek answers through experiments, data and debate, and act on facts.Act as one team
: I care, collaborate and commit without boundaries, and trust others to do their part.Embrace differences
: I seek diverse perspectives, invite opposing views, and challenge myself and others.Accelerate learning
: I push to learn new things even if difficult and openly share my successes and failures.Simplify radically
: I eliminate complexity, reuse with pride, and accomplish more with less.Make impact now
: I take accountability to do what's right, deliver value fast, and don't wait for certainty.Think long term
: I choose actions today that benefit future generations.
Complies with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern the conduct of GNE activities.
The candidate must live within the ecosystem.
This is a field-based position and overnight will be required. This position requires significant driving of either a company provided or personal vehicle as well as prolonged periods of sitting, both of which are part of the essential duties and responsibilities of the role. As a result, Genentech, Inc. (Company) from time to time will check your motor vehicle record for purposes of determining your eligibility for driving a Company vehicle or driving any vehicle on Company business.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.