The Director - Healthcare Consulting will lead a dynamic team providing customized healthcare advisory, strategy and network development support services to our payer and provider clients. He or she will demonstrate a high degree of independence and commitment to client service, responsibility for managing projects, and business development skills. Qualified candidates must have extensive experience consulting on innovative healthcare payment models, specifically episodes of care and bundled payments. This person will play a critical role in our development of a full end-to-end bundle benefit management suite of solutions. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Translating outputs from our analytics platform and analyst team to actionable client advice and practical business solutions.
- Creatively solving client challenges relating to implementation of value-based healthcare payment models.
- Managing multi-year services engagements, including, planning and goal setting, maintaining timeline/schedule, timely communication on project tasks and deliverables, collecting data and information, creating presentations materials and other deliverables, and engaging internal team members and clients.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on payment innovation, including staying abreast of new payment models, industry trends, and government programs.
- Conducting ad hoc data modeling and analysis to assess client opportunities and support networkcontracting negotiations.
- Effectively marketing consulting services to new and existing clients.
- Leading a team comprised of Senior Analyst(s) and/or Manager(s).
- Reporting to Aver’s Chief Commercial Officer.
- 10+ years of healthcarestrategy consulting for payers and large integrated delivery systems in a national healthcare advisory practice.
- Extensive experience analyzing healthcareclaims data through an episodic payment lense and translating that analysis to data-driven strategic advice for clients.
- Subject matter expertise on provider network development and contracting, including advising clients on cost and quality thresholds for performance-based payments.
- Comfortable leading multiple client-serving teams in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Extensive network of client contacts and referenceable client engagements relating to value-based healthcare.
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or a related field (an advanced degree is highly preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership skills and desire to take on more than assigned in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.