Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Lead and direct Knoll and its subsidiaries site on safety, security and ergonomic improvements, through the management Leadership team, committee volunteers, and continuous improvement teams. Ensure company-wide compliance to all OSHA (OHSA in Canada) safety regulations. Help to maintain the status of various safety group programs (e.g. OSHA VPP, WSIB Safety Group etc.).
The Director, Health, Safety and Security will maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable Health, Safety & Security; regulatory standards affecting all company property and personnel. Coordinate in conjunction with the Facility VP’s of manufacturing, the specific action plans required to achieve site Health, Safety and Security objectives. Participate in site wide annual planning activities.
- Provide management with advice on and solutions to problems affecting the Health, Safety & Security of company personnel.
- Develop associate related Health, Safety & Security programs to train associates in Health, Safety & Security prevention.
- Conduct in-house audits, using the corporate auditing standard and tools, of Knoll facilities and recommend actions for correcting Health, Safety and Security deficiencies.
- Perform accident investigations with site representative EHS team member as required.
- Review and analyze facility accident reports and design corrective actions based on trends.
- Complete performance reviews as required.
- Administer the Health, Safety and Security budget as required.
- Work closely with VP EHS, Site VP’s of manufacturing, All EHS team members and Human Resources to cultivate a Knoll EHS culture.
- Provide health and safety leadership and direction to facility Department and Project Managers.
- Serve as the corporate Health, Safety and Security subject matter expert for projects or customer requests.
- Manage Health, Safety and Security resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage corporate Health, Safety and Security staff. When necessary; plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Work within the corporate framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Serve as the primary contact on Health, Safety and Security issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with internal Knoll clients,
- Site Health and Safety Managers, Site VP’s of Manufacturing, local representatives and subcontractors.
- Create manage and review corporate Health, Safety and Security plans.
- Review and ensure implementation of new Health, Safety and Security regulations as they relate to Knoll operations.
- Ensure that all applicable personnel are adequately trained in emergency response plan procedures.
- Work as an internal incident manager, ensuring that safety emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Ensure the implementation of Health, Safety and Security orientation for all new Knoll personnel as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of new work proposals as solicitations relate to corporate Health, Safety and Security objectives.
- Reviews applicable contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for safety related issues.
- Review subcontractor safety programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, (OHSA in Canada), Safety regulations.
- Develop corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the Health, Safety and Security of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct EHS related training as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor of science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
10 years of operations and or safety management experience.