Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Director, Safety, Health, and Environmental Affairs (SHEA) role provides expert leadership and guidance to operations, all global facilities (cross platform and function), and corporate headquarters regarding all SHEA regulatory, policy, best practice, and procedural matters. Responsible for delivery and execution of SHEA strategy, programs, and policies for Flowserve and for developing these skills and safety mindsets within the SHEA and Operations community.
This position is located in Irving, TX and reports directly to the Director, Global SHEA.
· Champion culture change – lead with purpose, core values, and behaviors to promote and fully imbed an Enterprise Safety Mindset within all employees across Flowserve
· Oversee and lead SHEA strategy including programs, plans, policies, and procedures to go beyond governmental compliance requirements to adopt best practices that protect our employees, customers, communities, and physical assets
· Lead operations and maintenance in monitoring, measuring, and achieving SHEA objectives to prevent accidents, injuries, and pollution through ongoing improvement programs to operationalize best in class SHEA principles
· Promote and implement consistent Safety Accountability actions and mindset across all facilities globally, such that all employees understand and meet SHEA expectations
· Lead standardization efforts to ensure all facilities within the enterprise operate under the same policies and procedures and are measured by the same performance metrics
· Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring, development, and leadership for direct and matrix SHEA team globally
· Together with the SHEA team, build relationships and lead with expert consultation, collaboration, and guidance on safety, health, industrial hygiene, environmental, and fire prevention
· Ensure SHEA inspection, monitoring, measurement, analytical testing and recordkeeping requirements are fully completed and maintained and timely, accurate submission of all reporting to and interface with government agencies
· Manage and support the implementation of SHEA training in our global facilities
· Prepare and analyze meaningful SHEA performance metrics, prepare reports, and make recommendations to senior management
· Participate in internal SHEA audits and inspections, influencing site leaders to lead with a Safety Mindset
· Ensure all incident investigations are completed and aid in development of action plans and knowledge sharing to prevent reoccurrence
· Oversee any necessary remediation efforts and actions
Assess the impact of regulatory changes that affect operations, raise awareness, and ensure compliance
· 10+ years of experience in SHEA
· 7+ years of experience leading a team
· 5+ years of experience in Environmental Affairs
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, HSE/SHEA, or a related field
· Manufacturing, Engineering, Consumer Products or related business experience