The position of Director, Health Plan Sales is responsible for the success and oversight of programs and processes critical to driving new Martin’s Point customer relationships for Martin’s Point’s Health Plan lines of business. The Director oversees the development and ensures effective execution of market strategies and operational plans in support of Martin’s Point’s Health Plan products and strategic membership growth objectives. This role Maintains expertise in the external competitive environment, tracks key trends, and identifies needed shifts in the Martin’s Point sales strategy and activities.
Key functions include oversight of the planning and execution of activities which deliver value to Martin’s Point potential members throughinternalsaleschannels, broker and agentchannels and Centers of Influence (COIs); the identification & implementation of activities contributing to: growth andretention; improved operational efficiencies; and continued compliance with our federalcontracts. The Director,Sales is alsoresponsible for providing input for corporate wide initiatives whichsupportcustomer growth and operational improvement activities.
- Leads the development and execution of a member growth strategy for all Martin’s Point Health Plan products that aligns with the organizational Strategic Plan and membership growth goals
- Establishes, oversees, and develops accountability for performance metrics to ensure highly effective sales practices are delivered to potential members and the community, effective and efficient processes are in place, and all compliance standards are met
- Oversees market-level accountability for all distributionchannels to deliver on membership expectations
- Develops tactical growth plans with direct reports for all Martin’s Point Health Plan lines of business
- Partners with Director, Marketing and direct reports to drive centers of influence strategies to identify, develop, and maintain community partnership relationships that lead to membership growth
- Partners withNetwork, Product, and Marketing leadership to develop joint growth strategies and marketingcampaigns with network provider groups and health systems
- Partners with Director, Member Engagement and other peers in the development and execution of strategies that drive member retention and loyalty
- Partners with Product and Marketing leadership to develop market forecasts and analyze economic considerations
- Leads development, execution, and ongoing monitoring and assessment of Health Plan product sales strategy for US Family Health Plan and Medicare products, including Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), other Special Election Periods and year-round sales by partnering with Marketing, Product, Compliance and other Health Plan leadership
- Partners withEnrollment leadership to ensure all upstream processes for enrollments, disenrollments and changes to eligibility and demographic factors, are processed in accordance with all regulation requirements
- Oversees reporting and audit mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulation requirements
- Engages in conversations with regulatory agencies as needed
- Provides guidance, coaching and feedback to direct reports on the departments structure and performance in order to meet changing business needs, to include: amending department ‘organization’ structures, creating & justifying new positions, writing job descriptions, interviewing & hiring new employees, identifying & implementing new programs, etc.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and feedback to direct reports their performance and the performance of their staff (i.e. performance reviews, performance improvement & disciplinary action, salary assessments, career advancement, etc.) and works with direct reports to create action plans to improve performance and develop and grow talent
- Develops and executes on clear succession and development plans for leadership and other key positions within team.
- Oversees the development and execution of training, audit, and compliance programs to ensure department activities are delivered in an accurate and efficient manner
- Collaborates with Compliance team to ensure departmental processes & procedures comply with the all contractual requirements
- Collaborates with Management in the identification, selection, and implementation of technological solutions which result in operational efficiencies, improved performance, increased satisfaction, and meet other needs as
- Uses Martin’s Point Management System approach, Lean tools, and all levels of balanced scorecard to continuously drive performance improvements in all areas
- Ensures sound coordination and collaboration with other areas of the organization, including but not limited to Marketing, Member Engagement, Product Management, Network Management, Health Management, Quality, Informatics, and Information Technology
- Manager, Health PlanSales
- Strategic Relations Manager
Budget development and cost center accountability for departments within scope of leadership.
- BA/BS or equivalent degreerequired. Masters degree in related field desired but not required
- Active health insurance license for the state of Maine and New Hampshire or ability to obtain licensure within 90 days of employment
- 7+ years salesexperience in a managed care organization; Medicare and TRICARE salesexperiencepreferred
- 5+ years of experience managing individuals, managers and teams across functional departments in an operational environment
- Demonstrated sales market analysis experience
- 3+ years of experience selling in managed care industry or Medicare industry, ideally Medicare Advantage space
- Experience establishing relationships with community-based organizations to drive sales performance
- Knowledge of Medicare regulatory requirements required
- Proven experience with identifying & executing activities that improve operational performance
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Detail oriented with continuous attention to compliance/contractual requirements
- Ability to obtain results by managing cross-functional teams outside your direct authority.
- Knowledge and understanding of managed care concepts.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of board, management, staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and make sound decisions
- Ability to manage resources across multiple departments to ensure operational levels of performance are consistently met
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to build and manage strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into specific operational activities which can be executed
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple activities
- Ability to analyze data, reports, and make recommendations for improved performance
- Effective team builder, mentor, and coach
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to effectively work on multiple activities at one time
- Flexible, agile and a willingness to rapidly change directions with ease, while maintaining a positive attitude