The Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) will lead strategies and tactics for HEOR evidence generation and interpretation. This role will lead and insure evidence generation and plans are integrated and aligned with both development and marketed product's commercial plans. The Director will be responsible for the development and execution of plans to create value based assessments of Horizon product portfolio, including real world evidence generation on disease burden and impact. In the development of product strategic plans, liaises with other members of the Horizon (market access, marketing, Medical Directors) to generate innovative ideas and create alignment on strategies.
- Leads the development of the strategic plans, studies and analyses to support patient access all within a highly matrixed, team environment
- Communicate study findings to internal (Executive Leadership, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and external (e.g., HTAs/Payers, patient (advocacy groups) and KOLs etc.) audiences.
- Develops and executes HEOR projects including writing RFP, vendor selection, and management including budget.
- Executes HEOR research using internal and external data sets including writing protocols and statistical analysis plans, executing research and writing final reports for publication (manuscripts, posters, presentations).
- Proficient at economic modeling and generation of strategies and evidence to support launches. Ideally have statistical expertise.
- Partners with development/marketing/medical affairs team to determine HEOR strategies including inclusion, analysis and validation of quality of life or patient reported outcomes.
- Sets the strategic direction in partnership with the brand/medical/clinical affairs teams focusing on the impact of evidence generation to answer complex value based questions on Horizon's product and disease markets.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Seeking a proven leader within HEOR and the pharmaceutical industry
- PhD/PharmD/MD with degree in Health economics, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, public health or related field with at least 5 years of experience.
- Will consider PhD, MD, PharmD, or MS with specialized education and experience in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco) epidemiology or any other related field with at least 7 years of relevant experience. Level commensurate with experience - will consider manager level and Director level candidates based on experience.
- Previous experience with selecting/managing real world databases
- Experience leading HEOR strategies and tactics in support of pipeline development and/or on-market product support
- Possess both strategic and tactical skills in executing HEOR and analyses