Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Gaithersburg, MD or Home-Based in the USA
Are you ready to discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in patients’ lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy, innovative & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work is meaningful and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Our GHEOR services group helps our clients gather evidence of the comparative effectiveness and value of their products. In performing health economics and outcomes research, we analyze existing data or design and conduct our own studies to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of a product to decision makers. Using all of this data, we can help clients differentiate their products, giving a product launch a significant advantage and driving sales in the market.
This is an exciting time to join our Health Economics and Outcomes Research team. The ideal candidate will be a recognized opinion leader in patient reported outcomes across at least three core areas including clinical trial strategy; qualitative design & validation; quantitative psychometrics and PRO Analysis; and PRO Regulatory Consulting.
Essential Position Duties:
The Director develops, markets, and sells consulting engagements. The Director manages client engagements, directing the collection and analysis of primary and secondary data and formulating strategic advice for clients. This individual is responsible for managing major projects involving multiple consultants and extended time horizons. The Director also shares responsibility for strategic planning and management of the division.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Market and Sell Services: Contact and call on potential clients to explain the capabilities of the firm. Work with Sales and marketing in this capacity. Prepare and review proposals to provide consulting services to clients and execute contracts to provide services, and identify opportunities to refer business to other groups or business units within Covance.
- Initiate New Business: Establishes business relationship with current clients that results in repeat business for the Firm and calls on potential clients to explain the capabilities of the Firm.
- Understand Client Requirements: Defines how the assignment will be performed and determines the deliverables that will be presented by the Firm.
- Prepare Proposal: Reviews and revises draft proposals that respond to client requirements following standard formats used for previous engagements.
- Direct Data Collection and Analysis: Identifies sources and directs the collection of information from knowledgeable individuals, reference texts, on-line databases, and other research sources. Ensures that appropriate quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques are performed allowing inferences and conclusions to be drawn.
- Review Summaries: Reviews and advises on analyses of key points, patterns, and trends found in data.
- Develop Findings and Recommendations: Assures that information and data are used appropriately to prepare specific findings and recommendations that meet client requirements.
- Review Findings and Recommendations with Client: Meets with client to describe data sources, explain patterns observed in data, and indicate how findings and recommendations were developed.
- Organize and Present Deliverables: Reviews and revises written memos, correspondence, and reports; conducts in-person presentations for clients.
- Evaluate Engagement: Leads the evaluation of client engagements to review the original work plan, budget, consultant contributions, client responses, and the potential for future work.
- Lead and Advise Staff: Assumes leadership role in the firm, playing an active role in the setting of firm policies. Acts as an advisor to less experienced consulting staff, orienting them on firm policies and career development objectives.
- Provide Leadership: Work within the consulting division, and across CMA, to participate in strategic discussions and set strategic direction.
The Director typically holds a graduate degree (doctoral level) in epidemiology, health services research, public health, public policy, reserach psychology, clinical science, health economics, or other relevant discipline from an outstanding program at a distinguished university. Candidates should possess strong communication, analytical, writing and organizational skills.
The Director has extensive experience as a researcher in industry, academia and/or consulting, and is knowledgeable about study design, clinical trials, observational studies and other disciplines related to HEOR and market access. The Director has experience managing teams.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Job Number 2018-19966