Director, Head of AI and Value Engineering
Location: Dallas, Texas or Roswell, Georgia
Kimberley-Clark is on a mission to transform to be a data driven and AI-First company. We are looking for a strong AI leader and executive for our Director, Head of AI Delivery and Value Engineering position in our Chief Data Office. This is a very crucial role to make our AI vision successful by delivering innovative AI solutions to generate value across Kimberley-Clark’s businesses.
The position will report to the Global Chief Data and Analytics Officer
We are looking for a proven executive and AI leader with a strong customer-centric mindset, solid background in innovation, creating and delivering AI/ML solutions, driving growth and collaborating across the company to accelerate incubation and delivery of new AI/ML based business capabilities across Kimberley-Clark’s businesses.
In this role, you will lead Kimberley Clark’s AI and value engineering organization that has been positioned to accelerate our capabilities through use of AI/ML technologies. You will have an opportunity to work in close partnership with business leaders across the organization to understand the challenges that can be solved through innovative AI/ML based solutions, and you will lead the teams to deliver those solutions.
At this role, you will lead the following areas pivotal for the success of AI/ML solution delivery for our businesses:
- AI Innovation / ML model development – Lead a team of strong data engineers, ML engineers and data scientists to develop innovation AI/ML model using our AI factory capabilities from product ideation, design, development, MVP to deploying scalable AI solutions to production.
- Value Engineering – Lead the value engineering team of talented customer facing AI strategists to drive innovation within Kimberley Clark through customer discovery, MVP scope development and defining business value KPIs
Your role will serve as the Subject Matter Expert on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning disciplines, providing thought leadership on emerging topics and trends, while working with your team to establish and deliver AI roadmaps across multiple focus areas – such as sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and security through collaboration and success across the enterprise as we optimize productivity and efficiency and provide great customer experience.
The Head of AI Delivery is a transformative, collaborative and inspirational leader with deep expertise, a passion for coaching, leading and inspiring cross functional teams to solve business challenges, create solutions and deliver business value. This role will report directly to the Chief Data Officer, while working conjointly with the respective discipline leaders representing each line of business and functional areas across Kimberley-Clark.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- You will lead Kimberley-Clark’s AI and value engineering organization comprised of experts in value engineering, machine learning, data science, product management, platform engineering and software engineering. The focus of AI delivery organization is to accelerate the impact of ML across Kimberley-Clark’s businesses to improve the experience of our customers and make our operations more efficient and improve bottom line growth for the company.
- You will be an effective evangelist of machine learning across the group; helping executives and stakeholders understand the capabilities and potential value of ML as well as its limitations. Leveraging a team of dedicated product managers, you will oversee the manifestation of Machine Learning roadmaps for the various focus areas across Kimberley-Clark’s businesses. To do this you’ll work closely with executives and relevant business units, providing ideas and insights to identify opportunities where ML solutions can drive meaningful business results. Part of this will include insights into build vs buy decision making.
- To execute on your roadmaps, you will oversee multiple teams of highly talented data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers and product managers, aimed at delivering projects reliably against projected roadmap timelines. These roadmaps, along with their success metrics, will be set and communicated to stakeholders quarterly by you and your product team.
- You will be responsible for determining your talent needs and maintaining your own talent pipeline. With the help of ongoing coaching and performance feedback you will be responsible for developing and retaining employees under your purview.
- You will play a key role in determining which technologies, services, toolkits, data structures and methodologies should be employed to optimally achieve AI objectives.
- Success in this role means being able to effectively move the needle of the company’s business “metrics through consistent execution of machine learning initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MBA or related fields
- 15+ years of leadership experience with focus on engineering and delivery and 7+ years comprehensive advanced analytics, research, modeling/data science or relevant experience
- Leadership experiences in leading artificial intelligence and machine learning teams on a variety of business impacting areas that enabled innovation and business outcomes.
- A strong record in delivering machine learning and/or data products including defining ML problems, identifying data strategy, building ML MVP and scaling/production of a prototype to full-scale production.
- Experience in leading and developing remote and distributed teams.
- Experience leading and executing cross functional projects. Familiarity and proficiency with agile methods and tools to support project management in a timeline sensitive environment.
- A strong understanding of both the technical aspects of machine learning as well as business needs. Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology with respect to machine learning.
- Ability to go deep technically on which AI methodologies are best suited to specific business and customer problems, as well as elevate your thinking to consider business and strategic implications.
- Ability to facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations within and outside the team and an ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Enjoys making difficult things happen, leading the way in doing things for the first time, changing current ways of working and solving the many challenges along the way.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively create recommendations, influence decision-making, assess impacts, compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or technical objectives.
- Ability to learn quickly (technology, business models, target industries)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a vibrant personality
- Strategic orientation with an attention to detail
- Structured thinking, ability to remove ambiguity and work under pressure.
- Proficiency to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and executives, and in cross-functional teams.
- High accountability when it comes to meeting deadlines and ship dates, and ability to lead numerous projects simultaneously under time constraints.
- Provides leadership and vision for development and implementation of Artificial Intelligence.
- Team Orientation
- Balances organizational, team, and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objective leadership and openness to other views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of organization and team above own interest.
- Sets and drives cross-functional objectives and priorities and forms a vision for the future of the enterprise.
- Effectively influences across multiple teams, senior leaders, organizations, and/or enterprise.
- Demonstrates the vision and thought leadership necessary to set broad technical direction and can communicate/articulate a clear vision of services.
- Exhibits team leadership, provides guidance, feedback and coaching to direct reports.
- Influences all levels and contributes to the transformation agenda.
- Leads functional objectives and priorities across multiple platforms, technologies and teams
- Technical Skills and Competencies
- Strong experience in advanced analytics, research, modeling, data science, and business analytics.
- Strong hands-on knowledge and experience in solutions for enterprise wide needs in alignment with line of business priorities.
- Ability to manage both at the strategic and operational levels.
- Able to evaluate current market and industry trends and up to date with AI research.
- Solid understanding of nuances related to building machine learning models including data preparation techniques, feature engineering techniques, building machine learning (ML) deep learning models and related ML algorithms
- Stay up to date with current developments in the field of AI
- Proficient in understanding and optimizing Cloud AI/ML services on AWS, GCP, Cloud computing services and open-source technologies
- Communication Skills
- Able to build strong relationships and foster a collaborative environment across Business and Shared organizations.
- Expert written and oral communication at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the Enterprise.
- Strong Business knowledge and partnership.
- Able to demonstrate thorough understanding of business and financial acumen and proactively make recommendations.