Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
This is role including the pay level is preliminary pending further review
To develop know-how so that all employees can meet expectations. This includes:
- Defining HSE training requirements to meet Corporate Strategic Objectives and Goals and to meet industry requirements for internal and external apprentice training
- Training development and delivery (formal and informal) & development plans to support effective application and assessment of effectiveness
- End to End Accountability for Apprenticeship Programs – hiring, training and developing, support for field and managing safety through an apprentice journey
- Monitor the impact and effectiveness of tripartite initiative and agreements on achieving HS performance targets and objectives. Where warranted, make recommendations for change to existing initiatives and agreements.
- Consult, influence and maintain effective working relationships with Health, & Safety stakeholders and with trades and apprenticeship stakeholders (governments, industry, employees, general public, special interest groups) in order for Hydro One to meet its business objectives
- Act as a coach and facilitator to create and sustain a cooperative and supportive team environment, actively working with Hydro One staff and Union Representatives to ensure that the Internal Responsibility System (IRS) is understood by all and operating in healthy and effective manner. Demonstrate openness and trust through the sharing of relevant information, and by being visible and accessible to employees, management staff and senior Union Representatives.
- Coordinate all trades and technical training delivery for Hydro One including training needs assessments, strategies, ensuring delivery in the most cost effective manner, interacting with clients and training staff on delivery and development of training program.
- Set the Standard for all Trades & Technical training courses, conforming to regulatory or industry requirements where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain ability to assess the technical skills of current and new employees within Hydro One, which are required to perform their job. Assist client in performing assessments in order to recognize skill and knowledge deficiencies in employees, recommend training or related solutions, and implement and conduct approved and/or schedule programs. As a consultant to line management, recommend training or other interventions and implement as approved.
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in Health, Safety and Environment management
- Proven leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Proven ability to provide strategic vision with a practical roadmap of goals and objectives
- Must possess excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills with a focus on providing a well maintained HSE culture
- Solid understanding of health, safety and environment legislations, policies and procedures
- Strong Organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and meet tight deadlines
- Strong Attention to detail
- Experienced working in a Unionized environment would be an asset
- Experience with adult education or running a business
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.