The Growth Strategies Technology Director leads the various sales and marketing technologies supporting the growth engine of the firm, working in collaboration with the Growth Strategies leadership team and other stakeholders to optimize growth systems and processes to meet user requirements and drive firm growth.
This leader will work cross-functionally to identify and understand Baker Tilly marketing and sales tools, existing processes, and operations striving to optimize usage, adoption, and general stakeholder enablement. A heavy emphasis will be placed on increasing user engagement with the existing Growth Strategies technology stack to increase effectiveness of the sales funnel (from branding to pipeline acceleration).
This position will deliver on the technology roadmap that supports the Growth Strategy objectives. Acting as a change agent, this leader will set the vision and plan for the future of Growth Strategies technology stack and operationalize and execute the plan with excellence. This position will provide expertise and leverage industry best practices across digital technology components including Sales and Marketing Technology Solutions, Web, and CRM capabilities.
This leader will create and roll-out digital sales and marketing solutions that solve customer pain points, generating greater business productivity and employee and customer satisfaction. This position will translate digital technology investments into direct and measurable business results, manage vendor relationships related to sales and marketing technology and retention for optimal productivity; negotiate technology contracts maximizing total cost of ownership (TCO); manage the Growth Strategy technology budget and resources in alignment with agreed-upon business KPIs. Collaboration with business intelligence is essential to ensure reporting is robust, optimized, and actionable.
- Act as a change agent, set the vision and plan for the future of Growth Strategties Technology
- Operationalize and execute on plan with excellence
- Increase user adoption and engagement with the Growth Strategies Technology Stack
- Build and maintain collaborative, high performing engaged teams that provides value-added support to firm
- Provide guidance, coaching, and leadership to team for ongoing career development and share positive feedback
- Facilitate teaming and collaboration, share ideas, and provide information
- Create and leverage best practices throughout team and firm
- Align objectives and measure performance to demonstrate growth strategies’ contributions to the firm’s goals
- Execute on the functional delivery model for growth strategies as outlined in the growth engine
- Develop and manage a technology roadmap for our sales and marketing technology stack to ensure we are building an effective technology ecosystem
- Create and roll-out digital marketing solutions that solve customer pain points, generating greater business productivity and employee and customer satisfaction.
- Translate digital technology investments into direct and measurable business results.
- Manage vendor relationships related to Sales and Marketing Technology and retention foir optimal productivity; negotiate technology contracts maximizing total cost of ownership
- Increase engagement in the Growth Strategies technology stack to increase volume and velocity of the sales funnel
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Lead and/or participate in special projects, such as merger integrations
- Co-lead the administration of Growth Strategy function taskforces
- Analyze ROI data to identify best practices and to determine ineffective activities that should be modified or discontinued
- Collaborate, communicate, and oversee the implementation of best practices within the firm practices area
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Participate in professional organizations to support brand in the market
- Participate in independent study to continue to enhance skills
- Integrate new knowledge, skills, and best practices into daily work and share with colleagues
- Become sought out by others due to in-depth knowledge and expertise of the industry and marketplace
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker, with superior judgment, and strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicate effectively with all levels of staff from entry level to partners and work well in a highly collaborative team-focused environment
- Demonstrated leadership in applying current sales and marketing principles, including sales and marketing automation, and CRM
- Ability to prioritize requests based on business value, level of effort and manage projects independently, adhereing to deadlines and allocating resources accordingly.
- Excellent planning and measurement skills, including experience in building integrated campaigns and leveraging thought leadership
- Excellent people skills and ability to build relationships with leadership and team
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and strong hands-on computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Effectively work to develop projects proactively, work under tight deadlines, and be resourceful in addressing challenges and solving problems
- Minimum of 12 years sales or marketing technology experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and prior management experience in a professional services firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field