Our people are ambitious, passionate and inquisitive, and driven by a need to deliver value and innovative solutions to our customers. We are proud of our organizational culture which encourages us to embrace each other’s strengths, and respect everyone’s ideas.
At RSA, our desire to be the best has created an exceptional company in which you can build and advance your career. RSA is proud to be ranked among Canada’s Top 100 employers in 2019 and 2020.
To join this award-winning team, and to learn more about us, visit our Careers page.
RSA, Johnson, CNS and Deeks are part of the RSA Group of Companies (“RSA”).
Reporting to the Vice President, Affinity Client Relations, as a Director Group Benefits Affinity you will have a thorough understanding of group consulting, administration and claims operations of a significant organization and its related organization structure, people management agenda and business development strategies and an understanding of the important of strongly linking operational business success drivers to those of the organization. The key performance objectives of the role will be focused on providing superior consulting services to key account while working in a team environment and creating business development initiatives.
What you'll do in the role
- Act as senior team leader and supervise work and performance of other team members;
- Implement creative solutions intended to improve the efficiency of the group;
- Present proposals from insurers to our clients and draft reports on subjects that involve complex analyses;
- Manage many client projects;
- Establish and maintain excellent client relations through meetings, office visits and social events;
- Recognize clients' challenges and suggest proactive and creative solutions;
- Review data reconciliation and analyze renewals, negotiation of renewal conditions and the reports to be presented to clients, verify group benefit contracts as well as related financial arrangements;
- Has solid knowledge of various financial arrangements in effect for group benefit plans;
- Keep abreast of changes and amendments in benefits legislation, both on the provincial and federal levels;
- Keep up to date on current events and best practices in the industry.
- Expand the organization’s offering to current clients and contribute6 to obtaining new mandates from potential clients;
- Participate in business development by drafting service proposals and taking an active part in the finalists’ presentations;
- Contribute to increasing the firm’s visibility in the industry, by participating in drafting articles for external publications or in various social events, among others;
What you'll need
- Minimum of 10 years of successful experience as a Benefit Consultant or relevant industry experience.
- An undergraduate degree (preferred).
- Ability to emphasize client importance and demonstrate good business sense;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Good team spirit, vitality and good people skills;
- Ability to act as leader of other employees;
- Good organizational skills, initiative, flexibility and ability to work without supervision;
- Strong ability to analyze and synthesize information;
- Proficiency in software programs, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have a valid Life License
What you'll receive
- A market-leading, comprehensive Total Rewards Program which includes competitive compensation and bonus, flexible benefits, and pension plan.
- Best-in-class vacation policy that includes paid volunteer, parental leave top-up programs and personal leave days.
- Strong learning culture with a focus on overall development, internal mobility and career advancement.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- A culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion, with a strong focus on community and corporate social responsibility.