This senior role is a management-level associatewho performs a variety of tasks related to ensuring their organization complies with all tax regulations and reporting requirements. The scope of this position ensures the compliance, accuracy and timely submission of business and regulatory government reporting documents disseminated by the company. This entails monthly/quarterly/annual government reporting.
Successful candidates will have a strategic and operational background with a broad and balanced set of business skills, including the development, communication and execution of strategic plans.
• The successful candidate we are seeking is an individual who can successfully attain challenging goals, develop middle management talent, enhance customer relations, and effectively manage the business.
• The successful candidate needs a history of building teams, providing leadership and promoting service excellence.
- Provide strategic direction for the Government Reporting department responsible for preparation of the customers' 1099, 1042, REMIC and 1097-BTC returns from start to finish including the daily requirements for state reporting and withholding. An ability to audit for accuracy of cost basis calculations, and provide coaching and feedback to associates that result in continuous improvement.
- Has responsibility for oversight and effective management of all team members
- Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of policies, procedures and practices that ensure compliance with the requirements of Federal/State guidelines.
- Work with appropriate departments to deliver comprehensive guidance, understanding and interpretation of industry regulations as they relate to government reporting.
- Work with IT to translate the complex reporting and compliance environment into efficient systems that meet the needs of business and associated government reporting requirements.
- Respond to internal and external requests as appropriate.
- Ensure the acquisition and maintenance of the appropriate licenses. Actively seeks opportunities to improve current procedures for more efficient and effective regulatory management.
- Candidates will have strategic and operational background with a balanced set of business skills, including the development, communication and execution of strategic plans.
- The successful candidate will be an individual who can successfully attain challenging goals, develop middle management talent, enhance customer relations, and effectively manage the business.
- The successful candidate must have a providing leadership that drives quality service.
- High degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of various systems associated with operations processing.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent leadership qualities and proven people management, operations, and client relationships
- Solid project and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational priorities
- Detail oriented - with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Quick learner, team player with ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
- Series 7, 24 or 27 preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience, with financial operations skills and an in-depth knowledge of securities processing services.
- Previous regulatory and government reporting experiencerequired.
- Experience with FIS a plus.
About the Company
At HilltopSecurities, we believe in building noble and collaborative relationships that enrich the financial future of individuals, businesses and communities. With an extensive portfolio of products, we deliver a broad range of investment banking and related financial services that help our clients achieve their definition of success.
As a subsidiary of HilltopHoldings, which also encompasses PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending and National Lloyds Corporation, we have the financial strength and stability that has withstood the test of time. Our nationwide presence in 400 locations across 44 states provides our associates with extensive opportunities to grow their careers in a diverse organization that truly values relationship capital above all else.