The Director, Government Cost Accounting leads the company’s efforts to ensure the accuracy of our accounting for government contracts and maintains the health of the various systems that serve as inputs to fulfilling government contracts. This important role leads efforts across our operating groups and serves as the primary liaison with the various government organizations (ACO, DCMA and DCAA) that are responsible for monitoring government spending. This important global role is responsible for ensuring the integrity of over $1.5 Billion in government-related sales. The Director, Government Cost Accounting reports directly to the group Finance Director for the Aircraft Group and “dotted line” to the group Finance Director, Space & Defense Group.
Specific responsibilities of the Director, Government Cost Accounting will include, but not be limited to:
- Create, manage and maintain compliance with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Support CAS compliance for global non-reporting sites under external ACO, DCMA or MoD cognizance
- Implement and promote formal CAS compliance training in the Finance and Contracts organizations
- Publish and maintain Moog’s Cost Accounting System Policies and Procedures
- Publish and maintain Moog’s Cost Accounting Standards Disclosure Statement (CAS DS)
- Conduct regular assessments, including rate monitoring and evaluation of government cost accounting processes
- Manage and develop a team of government cost accounting professionals; work to develop the wider network of professionals who have responsibility for government cost accounting
- Raise company-wide awareness regarding the need for compliance with U.S. and local foreign government contracting requirements; build a culture of awareness, vigilance, and compliance
- Maintain accuracy and consistency in financial/cost information for government accounting across the enterprise
- Manage relations with Moog’s ACO, DCMA and DCAA across the domestic Aircraft and Space and Defense Operation Groups
- Oversight of ERP System Accounting
- Preparation for Gross Dollar Magnitude (GDM) impacts for CAS DS Accounting Changes
- Proposal Management including Forward Pricing Rates (FPRP) and Incurred Cost Submission (ICS)
- Maintain consistency in financial/cost information in Government audits (FRPP, ICS, CAS, MAAR, and Accounting System)
- Bachelor's of Science in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in the fields of government cost accounting
- Deep knowledge of cost accounting principles, both U.S. GAAP accounting and compliance with applicable Cost Accounting Standards
- Deep familiarity with DCMA and DCAA policies and procedures
- Proven capabilities in ensuring compliance with applicable government contracting rules
- Ability to perform assessments while offering recommendations to strengthen areas
- Strong influence and collaboration skills, especially with “dotted-line” relationships
- Strong systems aptitude; experience working with SAP a plus
- Ability to relocate to East Aurora, New York (Western New York) or Torrance, California (Los Angeles) area
Why is this a great opportunity?
- This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to build, test and maintain a comprehensive set of systems to ensure the accuracy and credibility of our government cost accounting systems
- The role will have a high level of visibility with our senior executives
- The Moog culture is positive differentiator; very genuine and creates an environment of trust, camaraderie, and innovation.
- We are a technical company that develops and creates very innovative and complex solutions.