Director, Government Affairs
Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
We have an immediate opening in our Valencia, CA corporate office for a Government Affairs Director. The Director of Government Affairs interprets and implements quality assurance standards to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for representing Shield Healthcare to government and provider agencies, trade associations and lobbyists on both a local and national level
- Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) policy interpretation and clarification.
- Communication of policy changes to appropriate internal staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance through participation in internal and external audits.
- Monitors regulatory agency policy changes and the organizational effects of such changes to include research and communication of findings to internal and external sources.
- Management of all reimbursement related issues and policies/procedures.
- Participate in focus groups which serve in an advisory capacity to various government agencies.
- College degreepreferred.
- 4years third party billing/collection/policy experience in healthcare services.
- 2years management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Medi-Cal.
- Strong financial analysis and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency
Career-minded individuals will find our business challenging and our reputation for excellence just one of the rewards we have to offer. To further enhance this tradition of excellence, our employees participate in continuous training and development programs in a variety of disciplines.
At Shield Healthcare, our business is growing because of dynamic management, strong customer focus, key acquisitions, and IT based systems. In addition to a dynamic environment, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
To view and apply for the position, please visit our website at: