This person will report to the Global Head of Pricing and Payer Access Solutions and will be responsible for all Market Access aspects of launch preparation for 2 late-stage gene-therapy products. They will lead cross-functional development of the global value story, HEOR strategy, evidence generation plan, pricing strategy and payer engagement programs. They will partner with colleagues across the organization in order to develop, test and implement innovative contracting and payment models. The role spans a variety of payer system types and involves establishing strong working relationships with the Regional and Local Access teams and partnerships with global functions including Commercial, Medical, Clinical Development, Public & Government Affairs, Finance, Legal and others.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Represent Market Access function in the cross functional Product Development and Commercialization team
• Lead development of strategies to create an optimal market access environment for the launch of our ophthalmology gene therapy pipeline, with early focus on XLRP and CHM
• Develop a clear roadmap, including activities and resources needed prior to, during and after launch
• Lead development of the global payer value story, ensuring a robust supporting evidence package
• Lead development of the global HEOR strategy
• Develop a clear and aligned pricing strategy to enable optimal patient access and rapid uptake
• Develop global strategies for CHM and XLRP screening, diagnosis, and monitoring
• Represent the Biogen Value & Access function externally to advance evolving pricing and reimbursement landscape for gene therapies
• 10+ years of experience in pricing, reimbursement and market access for biopharmaceuticals
• Experience developing value stories and messages for innovative first-in-class therapeutics
• Strong experience linking evidence to value and creating clear value communication tools for payers
• Experience developing global launch market access strategy
• Experience with pricing and reimbursement strategies involving diagnostics and surgical procedures
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate broader product/company goals into payer strategies (e.g., overall Commercial objectives, evidence requirements, physician and patient perspectives)
• Sound knowledge of global healthcare systems and pricing and reimbursement requirements, and ability to tailor strategies to a diverse set of market types including US, EU and emerging markets
• Process and results oriented - capable of driving large, complex work streams and leading workshops with senior cross-functional colleagues
• Strong project management skills; demonstrable experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects and external vendors
• Excellent communication, diplomatic and presentation skills
• Practical hands-on experience with market access and pricing negotiation desirable
• Experience in affiliate level market access function desirable
Bachelor's Degree is required.
Graduate degree in a scientific, economic or business discipline is strongly preferred.