Job Description and Requirements
Are you an experienced, energetic, team player who is passionate about global trade dynamics in today's world? Are you forward thinking, capable of developing strong working partnerships and enjoy driving complex projects? If your answers are yes, Synopsys' is looking for you to join the Legal team. This position is open for a remote location.
The Director, Global Trade Compliance reports to the Senior Director, Associate General Counsel, and is responsible for the development and administration of policies and processes to ensure that Synopsys's worldwide business is carried out in compliance with all applicable export and import regulations. This person will work closely with a variety of internal groups within Synopsys, such as Operations, HR, IT, Sales, and others.
- Regular interface with internal groups including legal, sales, R&D, order management, product fulfillment, audit, HR, and customer support. Works with external customers, government agencies, industry trade groups vendors, advisors and outside counsel in the development and administration of global trade compliance policies. Manages communication and builds effective business relationships with these groups.
- Execute Global Trade Compliance team's day-to-day operational tasks to support business operations.
- Development and communication of trade compliance training to employees and staff. Provides strategic reports to Senior Management including metrics, risk analyses, trends, self-audits, and project updates. Creates yearly goals, measures outcomes and drives key projects to completion.
- Manages global trade compliance tasks associated with mergers and acquisition activities including due diligence and process integration.
- Integration of global compliance processes with shipping, order processing, Incoterms, documentation and agreement approval workflow, using computerized systems.
- Product classification, country of origin determination, valuation and customer screening. Overseas government declaration filings (customs and export). Obtains government export licenses through the team as needed. Able to research, interpret and apply complex U.S. and non-U.S. government export/import regulations.
- Responsible for management of a Global Trade Management solution including content management, product and party data and license management.
- Works with management and advisors to develop and advocate long-term strategies to facilitate business in accordance with a constantly evolving trade and regulatory landscape.
- Maintains global trade compliance records necessary to satisfy government audit requirements worldwide.
- Works with internal and external partners to conduct global trade compliance assessments on a routine basis to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task and discern priorities.
- Ability to interact effectively with many different communications styles and operational styles.
- Attention to detail is a must.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree will be considered a plus. Expertise and hands on knowledge of US and EU import and export regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), EU Council Regulation (EC) No 428/2009, Customs Federal Regulations, Regulation (EEC) No 2913/92 (the Community Customs Code and the Foreign Trade Regulations. Regulatory regimes include Commerce, Department of State, Customs, OFAC and the European Commission. Extensive knowledge of CCL Category 3 and encryption regulations required. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system. Familiarity and knowledge of regional regulations of Singapore, Hong Kong, China, India, Israel, and Taiwan a plus. 10 years of trade compliance experience (preferably in high tech), with a minimum of 4 years in a management position.