The Director of Global Talent Acquisition Operations is responsible for understanding the strategy from the Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise and operationalizing that strategy through internal and external resources supporting Merck’s Talent Acquisition process. Merck leverages internal resources and world class partners to deliver its Talent Acquisition services; this position is responsible for managing the external partners and facilitating the intersection between the internal resources and our external partners. This position will work closely with the Associate Vice President of Talent Acquisition to execute the long-term strategic vision of creating Talent as Merck’s trademark.
the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Manage and develop GTA operations team, regionally aligned: elevating strategic and sustainable executional capability across the team
- Work closely with the GTA Leadership team to define COE business needs and priorities to ensure comprehensive delivery solutions & strategies
- Provide oversight for Supplier Relationship and Risk Management in Talent Acquisition operations including but not limited to RPOs, GBC Supplier, External Workforce / Contingent Talent (MSP) suppliers
- Deliver reporting advanced analytics against business requirements to analyze hiring trends and provide this information to the Talent COE to enable the Talent Directors to work with the business to drive behavior that will help meet Merck line of business hiring goals.
- Drive operational excellence by continuously evolving end to end global recruitment delivery model including people, process, technology and compliance
- Continue to evolve Merck’s contingent talent/ external workforce strategy from a Managed Service Supplier (MSP) to a Total Talent solution.
- Manage the global contingent talent/ external workforce suppliers and services
- Lead streamlining of Global Background Check (GBC) process for better candidateexperience, hiring manager experience and end-user experience
- Be accountable for leading and driving Operational Strategies both for Talent Acquisition and Contingent labor categories that enable program strategies while seeking efficiency gains, improved candidate and external workforce experience, drive financial optimization.
- Responsible for partnering with Procurement to negotiate vendor agreements and subsequent oversight of vendor budget including forecasting and accurate reporting against SOW
- Strategic Vision: Able to develop a long-term vision based on a thorough understanding of industry trends and opportunities.
- Business Acumen: Ability to engage with business leaders around business strategy, goals, and business outcomes, and apply sound judgment and decision making.
- Leadership: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of others; ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships
- Influencing: Advanced ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions at all levels within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels in a simple and concise manner
- Passion: Demonstrate a passion for delivering high quality consumer oriented services
- Innovation: Drive a culture of innovation and prudent risk tolerance; effectively leverage market intelligence to deploy leading practices
- Results-orientation: A track record of establishing clear objectives and bringing multiple parties together to achieve key initiatives in a complex, unstructured and ambiguous business environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field
- Six Sigma experience helpful
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience, with minimum 4 years of leadership and management experience in Global roles, experience at this level of role is highly desired.
- Proven experience leading large scale and complete recruiting initiatives and leadership in the area of Talent Acquisition
- Experience influencing executives in complex global organizations
- Experience negotiating large, global and complex contracts with external suppliers
- Experience managing contingent suppliers
- Project management skills: Clear demonstrated expertise in the scoping, development and management of enterprise-wide projects coupled with proven change management skills as well
- Identifies operational effectiveness and efficiency opportunities and provides impactful solutions for continuous improvement
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.