Responsible for managing the activities of local and regional talent acquisition staff, partnering with internal teams such as HR Operations and COEs, as well as working with HRBPs and site leadership to understand and fulfill staffing objectives to meet the needs of the business throughout the assigned region. The CSL culture is highly collaborative and this position is integral in fostering a multi-team setting.
This role will supervise talent acquisition staff in different locations, while also contributing individually to the team results through executive and professional hiring. The person in this role understands the hiring needs of the local business, including the ability to troubleshoot workflows and methodologies for both specialized and high volume talent acquisition.
This role also assists with the continuous improvement efforts of the quality and efficiency of the talent acquisition process. Plans and monitors talent acquisition activities within the region and reports on outcomes.
The person in this role acts as a brand steward in the local business and job search community and as strong advocate for Global Talent Acquisition standards and operations.
- Translate business needs (from talent reviews, business plans and growth strategies) into talent acquisition actions effectively implement global strategies, processes, programs and tools to attract and select high performing talent for all career levels including direct and skilled manufacturing and experienced professionals.
- Work with the Global Director, Talent Acquisition to drive CSLâ€™s continuous improvement approach to talent acquisition, as well as optimization of talent research resources and tools. Administer and communicate Talent Acquisition KPIs and metrics.
- Supervise Talent Acquisition staff in the assigned area while managing the team to deliver positive service and performance outcomes, within the scope of the budget for the fiscal year.
- Develop and maintain a network of diverse candidates by using direct sourcing, social media, job boards, Internet, CSL's career site, internal referrals, advertising, third-party agencies and other technical means to source candidates. Stay informed of diversity trends and innovative recruiting techniques.
- Manage regional relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms. Act as the SME and liaison between the vendor, HR and the hiring manager.
- Review candidate resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements. Create and communicate prescreening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval. Prescreen candidates prior to presentation.
- Consult to and influence internal clients while providing a high level of service. Clearly define and communicate process and respective roles. Prepare hiring managers and interview teams to understand job requirements and expectations. Ensure candidates get assessed (including appropriate formal assessments) against appropriate criteria. Follow-up regularly and ensure timeliness of the recruitment process. Promote and manage adherence to Global Talent Acquisition standards, processes and guidelines.
- Market CSL careers across the region, ensuring country marketing is aligned and represents CSL in a professional and positive manner by providing complete and accurate information about the Company, culture, business strategy, relevant function/department, and specific position.
- Recruits candidates and extends offers of employment to selected candidates in collaboration with the hiring manager and HR Business Partner, all the while operating within the guidelines of CSL's compensation policy and Global Talent Acquisition standards.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Senior Director Global Talent Acquisition
Direct Reports: 6 TA Consultants
- 5 Senior Talent Acquisition Consultants
- 1 TA Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of business is required
- Master’s degree preferred in a human resources or business related field
- 14+ years full cycle recruiting experience (internal or agency)
- 8+ years Life Sciences recruiting highly desired (full cycle recruiting)
- 5+ years consulting experience preferred
- 5+ years recruiting leadership
- 2+ years working with or installing Workforce Planning programs
- Familiar with Workday Recruiting highly desired
- Capable of conceptualizing and developing processes/SOPs
- SME/Leadership presence
- Prior recruiting leadership experience with geographically dispersed teams required
- Knowledge of data privacy and employment related laws (most importantly in the US and LATAM)
- 30% travel in both domestic and international locations