The Revenue team is looking for a strategic and operational leader to oversee our support division, with responsibility to achieve ambitious service level and net promoter targets across our B2B and B2C experiences. Based in Southern California (LA or Irvine) or remotely, and reporting to the COO, this role will have direct line responsibility for the global customer support operation. The right person will have a demonstrated track record of delivering against ambitious goals, strong people management capabilities, excellent communication and leadership skills, and a strategic mindset to help build a world class support function. This role will require a strategic thinker who is willing to get their hands dirty while ensuring day-to-day operational execution and excellence.
The impact you'll make:
- Own the strategy and execution for providing world class support to our clients and our users.
- Develop and manage the global support operation to include onsite and remote teams both on- and offshore.
- Own the user support function for both the B2B and B2C channels providing phone, email, and chat support.
- Own and implement the content review program for determining and resolving content violations on platform.
- Continuously develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) across support channels and drive performance to meet and exceed those standards.
- Develop and own a program for collecting user feedback via support channels.
- Own the technical support function to provide escalated client support for Weedmaps Business products.
- Partner with Engineering to share and prioritize technical issues experienced by clients using Weedmaps Business products.
- Work cross functionally with partners from Sales, Legal, Product, and Marketing to improve the Weedmaps experience.
- Own the billing and collections function responsible for receiving payments of invoices from all clients.
- Own the trust and safety function to ensure all active clients have valid license verification.
What you've accomplished:
- BA/BS Degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of combined work experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, in support leadership, general management, client success, and sales operations
- 6+ years experience managing or leading teams, with experience managing multiple discrete functions simultaneously preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve support, service level, or operational expansion targets, and to adapt to new products, new assignments, and changing market conditions
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing global teams responsible for supporting SaaS or advertising businesses and end user consumers
- Experience working directly with SaaS and advertising sales operations
- Experience developing new market support strategy and execution, either with respect to new products or new geographies
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours