This individual will work closely with our Supplier Quality Teams, Engineering, Production, Materials, Finance, Demand Planning and Bids & Proposals – to ensure that we are tightly aligned to every element of our product's lifecycle – sales, new product introduction, production and maintenance & repair, continue to drive QCS (Quality, Cost, Schedule) adherence and to mitigate obsolescence management.
- Directs and coordinates the day to day execution and long-term strategic Vision & activities of the Supply Chain, Logistics and Sub-Contract Management functions
- Evaluates the internal performance for all aspects of supply chain and drives continuous improvement of supply system operations.
- Develops and implements supply chain systems, policies and procedures that drive a rigorous supplier selection process, supplier development and performance as well as establish timely supplier evaluation and feedback to ensure continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Develops and manages all Key Performance Indicators related to supply chain, logistics and sub-contract management performance and inventory.
- Establishes and manage multi-site supply chain organization producing synergies of personnel and processes to ensure an optimized organization.
- Develops and implements strategies to leverage optimum pricing, including sourcing strategies to low cost countries and/or offset countries
- Identifies and recommends key new suppliers, and ensures support teams perform new supplier technical evaluations and ongoing supplier audits.
- Set development and training plans for your direct reports.
- Set yearly Performance goal setting in support of operational objectives
- Align objectives with other business partners within WESCAM
- Continually Develop Supply Chain partners by instilling CI structure like GD implementation, Green Belt training / Black belt training pushing them towards the Supply chain Vision to improve QCS.
- Partners with key stakeholders, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Marketing, driving continuous improvement to ensure on-time, complete, and compliant deliveries to customers within the supply chain.
- Ensures supply partners are aligned with technical and commercial requirements by working closely with Engineering, Quality, and Production.
- Ensures supply chain is engaged to support customer orders, maintain optimum lead time and inventory levels while anticipating risks and issues
- Determines material and merchandise cost trends, then formulates and coordinates policies and activities to maintain appropriate margins.
- Analyzes market conditions/trends, geopolitical conditions, and delivery systems to determine present and future material availability, and mitigate risks.
- Promotes consistency in managing subcontracts across functions, and defines expectations across procurement and program management.
- Participates in or leads subcontract management strategy development and implementation.
- Establishes, implements and maintains effective subcontracts management leadership, systems, methods and procedures
- Effective subcontract management throughout the contract lifecycle
- Reports on supplier performance, and merchandise costs, including experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program and/or commodity progress, productivity and variance analysis,
- Facilitates and ensures individual and team roles and responsibilities are understood; performance measurement objectives and metrics are identified, measured and monitored on an ongoing basis in order to provide positive feedback on accomplishments and to ensure immediate action is taken to address shortfalls
- Actively participate on the Operations Management team and help develop and execute strategic plans and tactics
- Complete working knowledge of CGP and ITAR compliance
- Working with Engineering and Supply Chain to mitigate Obsolesce management.
Subject Matter Expertise Required
- Development, negotiation and implementation of complex contracts
- Management of large, complex multi-national/global suppliers and multi-site environments.
- Experience in developing and utilizing metrics, both internally and externally, to drive performance.
- Strong observation and communication & presentation skills
- Knowledge of Working capital elements and opportunities
- Global Supplier Partner relationship management
- Subcontract policies and processes.
- Global Logistics management understanding.
- Ability to plan and execute, both strategically and tactically
- Team player
- Balance multiple and often competing priorities, monitoring progress, and managing efforts in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in a multifunctional team
- A strong understanding of finance relative to typical Supply Chain functions and its reciprocal impacts on other parts of the organization
Desired Skills, Experience and Education
· Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Supply Chain Management would be preferred).
· Experience within the Defense and/or Aerospace community would be considered a strong asset
· Experience in complex manufacturing environments of over $250M in supply chain spend is required Professional Supply Management Certification (CPM or CPSM) preferred
· Ten or more years of increasingly complex and progressive responsibility in supply chain management
· Demonstrated leadership skills in attracting and developing talent, and leading cross-functional teams.
· Participative management style
· Able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, as well as handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts
· Prior exposure to a fast moving, rapid growth environment, playing the role of change agent
· Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance and drive improvement.
· An articulate and emotionally intelligent communicator to can exercise pragmatism and good judgement in making tough decisions.