We are looking for an experienced strategic sourcing leader to advance our strategic sourcing function and enhance our procurement processes as we continue to transform our company to the cloud. Reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer, you will be responsible for setting and executing global strategic sourcing strategies and priorities and establishing procurement objectives, policies, and processes.
What You’ll Do
- Closely collaborate with managers, sourcing professionals and decision makers to determine the long-term needs of the company and establish appropriate sourcing and procurement strategies and processes
- Collaborate with internal business partners to understand demand and supplier trends to identify opportunities for better business outcomes
- Identify potential areas benefiting from category management through spend analysis
- Manage a team of six sourcing and procurement professionals in the development and execution of strategies and goals
- Establish strategies related to vendor assessments and purchasing terms and conditions to mitigate risk and facilitate delivery of products and services on time at the best quality and value.
- Establish policies and methodologies for sourcing new products or services, including approving and onboarding vendors
- Identify and categorize investment profiles to prioritize opportunities to lower total cost of ownership and/or reduce risk
- Lead the RFP process, which can include vendor discovery, to effective closure for new products and services
- Negotiate RFP terms, SOWs and master agreements
- Collaborate with legal, security and business technology partners to continuously improve terms in agreement templates and sourcing policies
- Develop performance monitoring systems, and manage supplier performance to ensure that contract terms and conditions are being met or exceeded
- Anticipate issues, challenges and requirements associated with our global economy as it relates to sourcing strategy.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on analysis, research, industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
Who You Are And The Skills And Experiences Needed
- Strategist: you are a visionary and can articulate the plan to achieve the objectives
- Negotiator: you are seamlessly able to facilitate opposing parties to a mutual agreement
- Influencer: you leverage creative strategies and data-driven insights that result in meaningful outcomes
- Communication: you communicate (written and verbal) complicated insights in a clear concise manner, at all levels; you have excellent executive-level communication skills
- Initiative and ownership: you have a biased towards action and an ownership mindset
- Collaboration: you build credibility quickly, have an innate ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships and command respect of vendors and partners, at all levels
- ·Analytical thinking: you synthesize insights quickly and hone down on key issues; you structure complicated, ambiguous problems with high degree of clarity
- Solution-oriented mindset: a competent problem-solver – motivated by solving complex problems, and you always find a path forward
- Academic background: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Business or Finance, or equivalent experience; sourcing certification is preferred.
- Work Experience: 15+ years of related work experience, minimum 5 years in a technology or software firm is required. Demonstrated ability for developing and executing a Strategic Sourcing / Category Management strategy and processes across service, and/or technology businesses with a global footprint.
- Tools: preferred Coupa, Oracle, strong Excel, PPT and Word
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.