Position is responsible to oversee and provide leadership to an international strategic marketing operation responsible for identifying market opportunities, establishing direction to meet long-term goals and leading the team to achieve those goals.
Provide strategic leadership, planning and direction to the organization to drive growth through strategic marketing initiatives of new and existing products.
Identify market opportunities that can differentiate the business from our competitors while ensuring that the business has a sufficient product portfolio to compete globally.
Develop relationships with customers, opinion leaders and form internal cross-functional teams to obtain and provide technical, professional and managerial support for the division's products.
Establish requirements for product and business development, market expansion, strategic marketing, overall brand messaging, clinical post-market studies and medical education.
Develop and mentor staff.
Hire talent as needed.
Responsible for people-management activities of direct and indirect staff.
Travel at least 50% of the time by any means necessary to support organizational goals.
Promote adherence to EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
This is a highly visible position that is accountable for the following:
1. establishing and leading the strategy, scope, process and programs of the international strategic marketing organization;
2. achieving desired outcomes within established time and budget parameters;
3. providing a significant and positive impact to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals;
4. driving continual growth in both commercial and financial goals;
5. creating a work environment that supports cross-functional and cross-business team effectiveness; responsible for ensuring local effectiveness, leadership and advocacy of the business in defined international markets;
6. management and development of staff; mentor others as appropriate;
7. soliciting the cooperation of and influencing the performance of a diverse group of disciplines and functions to meet strategic marketing needs; As a result of the responsibilities of this position there is a high level of risk and visibility inherent with this position.
Frequent high stress levels are associated with this position.
Works on highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of multiple factors; interacts internally and externally with executive-level leaders requiring negotiation of extremely difficult matters to influence key stakeholders; demonstrates appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence both with and without direct authority; exercises independent judgment in developing strategies for problem-solving and/or process improvement; position requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility; strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting; decisions and recommendations can have serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company goals and objectives; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations could negatively impact market presence and market share, therefore impacting the goals of the organization; responsible for P&L.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred; Typically requires 10+ years of conceptual, strategic planning with demonstrated product line success and growth to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position. Candidate / incumbent should possess the following:
- ability to manage a complex global organization;
- prior experience with managing in a multicultural and multinational environment AND achieving goals through others;
- ability to motivate and lead a diverse staff to drive the execution of critical strategies and programs across a global organization;
- ability to accurately evaluate and assess complex processes;
- identify possible solutions and drive to resolution;
- ability to negotiate, troubleshoot, assess, remediate;
- ability to make sound decisions;
- ability to lead and influence both with and without direct authority;
- ability to motivate and lead a diverse staff to drive the execution of critical strategies and programs globally;
- knowledge of applicable US and non-US Quality System Requirements and other relevant regulations for medical diagnostics/devices;
- ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications; good command of written and spoken English;
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; displays socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- ability to work independently and in groups; ability to collaborate across the business, across Abbott businesses and with outside resources;
- ability and aptitude to use various computer systems, software programs and applications.