The Director of Global Store Operations is responsible for creating operational excellence that will differentiate Under Armour in the marketplace. This person will develop and implement long-range daily operations, labor and technology strategies. They will establish strategic business objectives and implement plans in support of the company's strategic and financial goals and will develop and drive a consistent execution in our Factory House and Brand House stores around the globe. This key leader will be responsible for developing the vision, strategy, framework and guidelines for our retail store execution as we grow the retail channel around the globe and will be responsible for providing leadership and cross-functional management of strategic retail transformation efforts across all business departments.
- Develop and implement a best in class strategic roadmap for daily operations, labor and technology for our retail locations around the globe. Major focus on establishing framework and guidelines in order to enable regions to execute.
- Evaluate processes, technology, and organizational capabilities to develop and drive improvements in the customer's and teammate experience.
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the UA operations are progressive, relevant and personalized. Drive continuous improvement and incorporation of cutting-edge technologies that solve problems.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets, project plans, and comprehensive programs to drive consistent execution of operations globally.
- Lead and communicate reporting initiatives with the business intelligence team to provide metrics to advance the company's sales efforts and operational efficiencies by utilizing big data and implementing tools for corporate teams supporting store operations, and field retail teams.
- Partner with Merchandising, Marketing, IT, Logistics, Store Development, Visual Merchandising, Digital, Human Resources, the Regions and Asset Protection to drive best practices for the retail stores.
- Partner with IT and Digital on the strategic approach to assess and determine existing and emerging technologies that can enhance and positively impact the growth of retail.
- Support learning exchange between global operations and regional operations to leverage the learnings globally.
- Builds a high performing team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action
- Establish individual goals and objectives for direct reports in support of the company's strategic goals and objectives.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Experienced retail leader with demonstrated record of achievement at a director level for producing growth and increased financial results for an organization.
- Demonstrated abilities to work with leaders of varied disciplines to integrate their departments and responsibilities into the overall success of the organization.
- Experienced working with senior leadership, working in a supervisory capacity.
- Operational leadership for a company featuring diverse and high-quality retail operations.
- Knowledge of the global retail core business and its varied business markets.
- Experienced in high-volume environments.
- Able to overcome adversity.
- Undertands the shifting landscape of retail.
- Consumer centric mindset
- Able to overcome adversity and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Retail store experience preferred
- 8-10 years of corporate retail operations experience required
- International retail experience preferred