Director, Global Storage Business Unit Engagement
Based in San Jose, CA, this leader will report to the HPE Vice President, WW GEO Engagement, Order Management & Care and Business Process Improvement, and dotted to HPE Storage GBU Vice President. Will be responsible for overall operational strategic alignment, integration, and execution of activities with other major organizational functions which support the success of our Global Storage Business Unit (GBU) Nimble, 3PAR, Store Once & Simplivity portfolios within HPE's Global Hybrid IT organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the single point of Global Operation (GO) contact for Storage GBU. The person will sit of GBU Leader's staff
- Drive alignment of objectives and initiatives as related to Quote to Cash value chain between GBU and GO
- Strategic focus on Storage GBU to drive operational capabilities, agility, and decision making to further growth and market competitiveness
- Be accountable for operational performance of GO for Storage GBU and customers…KPI reporting, revenue execution, inventory management, etc.
- Ensure that balanced feedback is communication and acted upon between GBU and GO
- Act as first point of escalation for any class issues around CPQ, order management, order fulfillment, invoicing.
- Ensure any such issues are resolved effectively by respective GO teams.
- Support and facilitate NPI, new launches and Integrated Planning process between GBU and GO. Provide GO inputs to GBU and vice versa on such topics
- Sponsor global operations transformation initiatives in support of the Storage GBU
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10+ years of experience working in Hitech industry Operations esp. Supply Chain
- Experience in working in Storage industry
- Track record of success working in large, complex, global and matrixed environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sound understanding of Enterprise Storage industry and Hybrid IT business
- Proven experience in global operations, supply chain and procurement processes, and strategy in a complex industry and organization
- Advanced program management and prioritization skills
- Executive presence with the ability to interact with a wide variety of audiences in a large matrix organization
- Ability to influence teams/ peers without owning resources
- Ability to build forward-thinking partnerships with suppliers while focused on the day-to-day success of organization
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strategic agility and adaptability