Director, Global Sourcing
TPI Composites is a global provider of structural composites products and the largest U.S. based independent manufacturer of composites wind blades to major turbine manufacturers in the United States, Europe, and Asia. It enables many of the industry’s leading wind turbine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), which have historically relied on in-house production, to outsource the manufacturing of some of their wind blades through its global footprint of advanced manufacturing facilities strategically located to serve large and growing wind markets in a cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain, the Director, Global Sourcing is principally responsible supporting Global Commodity team in strategically managing TPI’s key commodities on a global basis in order to leverage TPI’s buying power through global sonsolidation of spend, market intelligence, strategic supplier relationships and the execution of global supply agreements. This is accomplished through a team of commodity managers located globally. This position is also responsible to communicate and coordinate with the local site teams to ensure execution of the established strategy and contracts. Working with the site teams, this position will also drive qualification of new materials and programs to support site requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and coach the commodity management team in developing global Commodity strategy to achieve material costs savings targets through detailed analysis of the category portfolio, including global consolidation of spend across all geographical areas.
- Work closely with Engineering in the development and execution of new material qualifications and manufacturing processes.
- Address and solve delivery or quality issues as they arise in the supply base
- Aggressively pursue the strategy in order to ensure competitive advantage for TPI and to position TPI as a market leader.
- Interface with global customers in order to align on strategies and planning for materials
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key suppliers, supporting the execution of the contracts, address quality and delivery issues.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the market drivers, market trends, and issues in order to minimize risk of cost increases, delivery and quality issues for the business.
- Ensure strategy execution through close collaboration with the global Supply Chain and Project Management community.
- Ensure that the Commodity strategy evolves to adequately address the changing market conditions.
- Support the negotiation of global supply agreements with strategic suppliers
- Closely monitor the supply market with regards to pricing, commodity trends, supplier capacity, supplier news, industry news and new product developments.
- Prepare and distribute a monthly commodity report.
- Execute supplier management programs with suppliers, including the development of performance metrics.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance and compliance.
- Bachelor degree in engineering desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Supply Chain management with scope of planning, purchasing and logistics.
- Proven experience in strategy development and cost management
- Experience leading a team in a global environment
- Advance analytical skills. Must have the ability to pay attention to details and complex problem solving skills by using logic and reason.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Office, ERP and MRP systems (Oracle preferred).
- Ability to read drawings and technical specifications
- Must be a self-starter and able to handle time sensitive and multi-faceted projects
- Ability to travel globally and or international 30-50%