Director, Global Sourcing, Electromechanical Products
- Job Number:
- Mansfield, MA
- Dublin, OH
- United States
- Date Posted:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
Reporting into the VP Global Sourcing, Medical Segment, the Director, Global Sourcing, Electromechanical – Medical Segment is responsible for leading the creation and management of diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages to benefit Cardinal Health businesses, customers, and patients. This role drives value across the Electromechanical Products spend categories through the creation of multi-year category strategies and continuous execution of the category strategic plans leading to negotiation of multi-year supply contracts to create maximum value. The Director will clearly understand the spend and demand landscape, leverage market intelligence & industry knowledge and influence senior cross-functional stakeholders to drive collaboration and accelerate execution, resulting in the best available value across supply assurance, quality, service levels, innovation and cost parameters.
The Director will set the example for the team on following established process standards including sourcing category management, spend analytics, market research, strategy development, e-sourcing, risk and supplier management and will proactively contribute towards the continuous improvement of established standards. The role will have meaningful exposure to the SVP, Global Procurement – Medical Segment and other Product and Supply Chain leaders. The ideal candidate for this role will have the potential for growth and succession to higher responsibility.
- Lead or support the strategies for Electromechanical Product categories including but not limited to compression devices, enteral feeding devices, patient monitoring and laboratory equipment. Accountable for $350M+ of global spend across components, finished goods and distributed products for the Medical Segment.
- Responsible for delivering the planned performance and continually improving the strategies for Electromechanical Products categories; leads strategic thinking to develop longer-range category strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements
- Delivers Medical Procurement annual goals by leading cross-functional teams using spend data analytics, market research, benchmarks, and cost modeling to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value including sales growth and margin improvement, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the business
- Develops and manages a high-performing team of procurement professionals and people leaders in the category management team
- Guides team through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, and drives supply chain optimization and risk mitigation for the assigned supply base.
- Guides team through development and implementation of sourcing, negotiating, and contracting strategies to achieve category goals
- Based on strategy, influences business decisions to enter/exit product lines, drive make/buy decisions and implement supply base optimizations.
- Demonstrates cross functional leadership to manage senior business stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment and builds relationships that facilitate realization of business value
- Enables downstream supplier management through a robust category strategy and aligned contractual structures. Collaborates on critical supplier oversight, securing compliance to contracted terms and relevant socially responsible regulations and policies. Partners with suppliers to drive optimization of supplier performance and harness supplier innovation.
- Transparently communicates priorities and needs to Procurement and Business leadership.
- Ensures resourcing and bandwidth to meet the business needs for the assigned category spend.
- Sets aggressive continuous improvement goals; identifies and leads initiatives in partnership with stakeholders to explore a broad set of value levers to deliver on targets
- Value creation including savings, total value from supply base
- Spend under category strategy, other category performance metrics (from category plan)
- Innovation projects implemented and associated value
- Supplier performance metrics and continuous improvement action plan implementation including diverse supplier spend
- Spend under contract, supplier risk status metrics including social responsibility risk parameters
- Internal customer satisfaction and business partner feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end procurement process; 10+ years of strategic sourcing experience leveraging data to create leading category strategies that generated significant value
- 5+ years demonstrated success in leading categories and teams within a regulated environment
- Strong global leadership and influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders and peers that inspire trust, collaboration, and operational excellence (5+ years)
- Strong business and analytical acumen and experience influencing senior leaders based on deep supply market knowledge
- Experience building a new set of capabilities within an organization, passionate about contributing to best-in-class procurement
- Ability to effectively lead through change and ambiguity.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign and manage resources, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience and influence outcomes. Can present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment
- Travel expectations: 25%+
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.