Freshworks is seeking a strategic social media leader to deliver creative content, drive innovation and identify new trends to grow our fan base and attract new followers. Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Strategy, this role will be responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of key strategic social media initiatives and projects that support and build our brand in the eyes of both our global community and key audiences.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead Freshworks’ global social media strategy, with a focus to deliver creative social-first content to increase followers, reach, and engagement across our core social channels.
- Expand the fan base and boost engagement across the brand’s owned social channels by attracting new followers and turning existing followers into brand advocates.
- Mentor, encourage, and guide the team to build new concepts that elevate the brand in ways that are globally consistent, culturally relevant, and results driven.
- Drive innovation across all social channels, staying current with new technologies, platforms, macro trends, and competitor activities to apply to strategic plans.
- Identify new trends to spark fresh, innovative content development for organic growth.
- Standardize tracking, tools, and measurement methodologies in partnership with the analytics team.
- Identify efficient ways to build, source, and curate still and video content for YouTube, IG, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit etc.
- Establish and develop a narrative around the business impact of social media and regularly communicate key metrics and insights back to the business.
- Drive budget and execution of marketing initiatives through content storytelling, ensuring a consistent brand message that is channel relevant across multiple touch points.
- Maintain cross-functional alignment, clear communication, flawless integration, and timely execution of programs with internal leadership.
- Build influencer programs and identify influencer opportunities that engage new and existing audiences.
- Partner across the organization to bring company-wide campaigns to life.
- Continually explore new channels for Freshworks to use to grow our social media reach.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in social media and marketing roles. Brand side experience preferred, with global and international county-level experience.
- Experienced leader with 5+ years management experience, and a vision in the social media space that identifies new trends which fuel innovative content development.
- Proven track record of growing a large social media presence, exceeding 1m followers.
- Creative-minded, conceptual, and strategic problem solver with the ability to influence across an organization.
- Ultimate collaborator, who enrolls leaders from across the organization to develop campaigns that are on-brand and adhere to Freshworks’ brand guidelines and policies.
- Proactive and results-oriented mentality, behaving with integrity and agility.
- Well versed in social analytics, social listening, and automation tools.
- Broad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video, and paid social media.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Strong organizational, planning, and project/campaign management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment and be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills managing a dynamic, global team and working cross-functionally with business stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of digital data and analytics tools.