Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digitalretail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retaillocations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
Microsoft is looking for a smart and effective leader as Global Site Operations Product and Process Management to build and execute a strategy for tools and processes that support the WW site operations of Microsoft.com and Microsoftstore.com. Microsoft currently markets and sells products and services in over 200 global markets and ranks in the top 20 websites by traffic.
During the next few years, Site Operations is redefining the Microsoft shopping experience across both consumer and commercial channels with significant investments in digital site operations tools and technology. If you like a team that offers the fast-paced, high-energy culture of a start-up blended with the more mature planning, strategic thinking and resource investment typical of a more established Microsoft business, this may your next strategic career move.
This leadership role will help Site Operations achieve its vision of delighting customers by producing flawless online experiences in every market. Microsoft is making significant investments in people and tools to support this vision and this role will be responsible – in partnership with key stakeholders - for developing and executing the strategy that will take us there.
The Director of Global Site Operations Program Management works closely with key stakeholder teams including Engineering, Field Site Management, SEO, Stores Marketing and Design to formulate and execute a global site operations strategy across all major product lines, including Office, Surface and Xbox.
A significant part of the role is to:
• Lead a high-performing team of senior product and program managers to build and execute the future of Site Operations tools and processes. Excellent skills in coaching, mentoring, hiring and creating a scalable organization are required.
• Build a center of expertise within Microsoft around online site operations; leading v-teams with, taking feedback from and partnering with Engineering, online Stores teams and product groups to plan and execute short-term strategies and long-term vision.
• Advocate for the customer in driving process and tool improvements which continuously improve consumer and enterprise end-user experiences.
• Partner with key stakeholder leaders to set and execute key priorities for the platforms, tools and processes which drive site operations. Work with business stakeholder groups to solve technical problems, provide process optimization recommendations and streamline stakeholder workflow.
• Create actionable insights that feed into better processes within Site Ops and stakeholder teams.
• Develop, execute and maintain commercial relationships with third-party vendor agencies and tool providers where necessary to drive efficiency and quality.
• Understand and apply knowledge of e-commerce, workflow, content publishing, merchandising and emerging technologies to evolve the business.
• Work comfortably in ambiguous situations persistently driving platform, workflow and reporting innovation.
• Develop and execute communication plans to ensure stakeholders are kept abreast of status, risks and mitigation strategies.
• 8+ years’ experience in a leadership role in the design, programming and implementation of industry-standard or purpose-built digital content management and/or online consumer marketing platforms within a Fortune 100 company
• 5+ years of E-commerce or other related online production expertise, content management experience and an understanding of web infrastructure.
• Experience in designing workflow/publication plans
• Demonstrated ability to specify and convey run-of-business reports that will inform subsequent capacity and platform capability discussions; managing complex business rhythms.
• Proven sense of high accountability and self-drive to take on and see through big challenges. Must be a self-started, organized and detail-oriented.
• Proven ability to create, maintain and adjust operational processes to meet rapidly evolving business needs.
• Ability to partner with others to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems; proven success in working in matrixed organizations with high degree of demonstrated executive maturity and impact and influence
• Experience gathering business requirements and translating them into detailed project plans with achievable milestones
• A BA/BS degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred; MBA preferred