Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
The Senior Director will be a key member of the GSRM team and will review Professional Services bids for accuracy, risk evaluation/mitigation and strategic business consideration. The goal is to ensure that bids are developed and issued to a consistent level of quality, an acceptable level of risk, meeting strategic business goals, resulting in an approval recommendation for all approval levels. The delivery reviews will consist of evaluation of the project or engagement for success metrics, actual delivery versus bid/baseline scope and metric analysis, and customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Identify and understand the strategic, holistic value proposition and business impact of professional services bids for Salesforce
- Review and evaluate large and complex professional services bids across all areas of commercial risk including business terms, solution structures and pricing with an eye to accuracy, adherence to standards and executive direction, staffing adequacy, scope and delivery risk, labor estimates, and mitigation for these risks areas
- Advise and coach sales teams on policies, process, risk evaluation and mitigation, interfacing with other stake holder organizations to ensure best possible bids are released to the customer
- Work closely with the Pricing Deal Desk, Legal, Revenue Recognition, Internal Audit, Customer Success Group (CSG), Sales Operations, Technical Operations for an overall evaluation of services bids and delivery
- Take ownership of multiple and potentially concurrent bid/delivery review assignments and be responsible for the timely delivery of results, adhering to SLA requirements.
- Have a solid grasp of all professional services business functions, including sales, project/program management, risk management, and consulting services operations.
- Build a collaborative business relationship with business leaders and various internal operational teams.
- Be intellectually curious and passionate about business drivers and issues, new processes, products, systems and technologies
- Be comfortable making controversial decisions under high pressure situations, with the ability to communicate sound rationale for deal objections in a poised, diplomatic and effective manner.
- Be agile and effectively maneuver through the various organizations, influence, engage and inspire others and keep up with the ever-changing and growing landscape at Salesforce.
- Embody a “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism, positivity and commitment, and cultivate a culture of teamwork, trust and mutual respect in a small, cohesive, high-performing, fun team environment.
- Possess excellent program and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple complex priorities in parallel.
This role requires excellent problem solving, time-management, organizational skills, and being able to create a structure or framework where none may exist. The candidate should be comfortable in a shifting environment, self-motivating, an independent worker and possess strong partner/teamwork skills. This role also requires advanced communication skills to collaborate effectively in a large, matrixed organization, with a high level of comfort with public speaking and executive presentations.
- Services bid and new product reviews both for detailed accuracy, KPIs, risk mitigation and strategic Salesforce benefit
- Develop strong, trusted field relationships, partner and coach sales teams on policies, processes, risk identification and mitigation
- Once the bid review is complete, document findings, risk, key financial information and render a recommendation as to whether the deal should be approved.
- Schedule and conduct project/engagement reviews to assess status, risks, management intervention or remediation needs, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide executive reporting and statistics on bid reviews, delivery reviews, and compliance to policy and procedures
- Establish a feedback loop for sharing learned lessons enabling continuous improvement of bid development.
- Working with CSG, establish an auditable system of record for bid and delivery reviews
- Create and deliver easily-consumable presentations to large groups of stakeholders and executives that showcase actionable insights and recommendations to help drive services risk management strategy and operation
- Participate in internal GSRM projects or infrastructure development as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum BA/BS degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in general professional services bid review/approval, software
program/project management, consulting operations, or related work
- 5+ years’ experience specifically in structuring, selling and/or approving large (exceeding $2m) and/or complex professional services bid development, SOWs, services delivery oversight, P&L ownership, and /or experience in negotiating contractual and commercial terms for Professional Services, SI and Partnering experience
- Strong understanding/working knowledge of professional services for technology companies, cloud technology preferred
- Understanding of Professional Services revenue recognition rules
- Highest level of ethics, independence, and professionalism
- Ability to travel up to 20%, primarily for delivery reviews
- Excellent soft skills; Ability to successfully establish relationships and team with Professional Services Sales and Delivery Excellence
- PMP/RMP certification is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Industry experience in CRM, Financial Services, CRM, Health Life Sciences or Retail highly desirable
- Experience with Agile method implementations
- Hands-on on Salesforce knowledge of products and functionality a plus but not required