Director, Global Security and Safety
at Pure StorageMountain View, CA
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the security of Pure Storage's staff, properties, and assets our Mountain View headquarters and global office locations. You will develop a strategic security program, using advanced technology, and align security to risk, business priorities, and company culture. You will be the single point of contact for all security matters reporting to the Senior Director of Facilities & Real Estate.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define and drive execution of SLAs and performance metrics for Security Operations Center vendor, provide strategic input into defining and establishing KPIs and metrics for other Global Security functions
- Develop a global strategy for security operations, including risk analysis and development of programs and process
- Decision maker and escalation point for all security matters, establish strong relationships with all stakeholders and business leadership in regions and at HQ
- Manage global security operations budget, driving efficiencies and quality optimizations in line with global strategy
- Respond to all security incidents and provide security guidance on all major safety incidents
- Establish consistent safety standards for all staff
- Identify the most relevant and critical risk information with the potential to impact Pure Storage assets and personnel.
- Lead the implementation of tools and processes to provide and communicate real-time global risk analysis.
- Build and scale security programs with business growth.
- Provide strategic direction and recommendations on evolving security technology to best address risk.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Pure Storage incident and critical incident response program in cooperation with outsourced partners.
- Help build Pure Storage investigations capabilities by working closely with the Legal, Information Security, and other involved parties.
- Manage vendor relationships and train vendors as necessary.
Health, Safety and Workplace:
- Develop and implement the facilities' environmental, health and safety programs to ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Partner with facilities to develop and implement global programs where workplace experience and physical security intersect.
- Plans, directs, and ensures implementation of comprehensive security systems for protection of individuals, commercial and industrial establishments under the role’s responsibility.
- Plans and directs installation of electronic security systems, such as CCTV surveillance, entry controls, burglar alarms, and outdoor perimeter alarms.
- Conducts surprise security drills to check the efficiency of all security measures.
- Plans and directs security and safety of personnel of the organization, including at company sponsored onsite and offsite events.
- Direct the enlistment, training and development of a floor warden program for emergency evacuations and health related incidents.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key partners internally and externally.
- Assist Events Planning and Marketing teams with assessment of security requirements, development of security program and implementation for company events both onsite and offsite.
- Assess need and implement a culturally appropriate executive security program.
- Provide travel guidance, intelligence and coordinate local support to personnel abroad in high risk areas.
- Ensure resilient communications processes and systems for all security partners.
- Work with the Compliance team to develop Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
What You Bring To The Team
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in a security management role
- Ability to manage security challenges in a constantly changing fast-paced environment
- Direct experience in implementing and managing security system technology
- Experience managing contractsecurity services globally, including budget management and service performance
- A well-established professional network of security and law enforcement contacts
- Demonstrated knowledge of crisis management
- Knowledge of global specific threats, risks and operational challenges
- Leadership role in development of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.]