The Director, Global Sales Compensation will drive the strategy, design, and implementation of all sale compensation matters.
- Functions as a thought leader and business advisor on sales compensation matters.
- Provides analytical and thought leadership in support of our "go to market" sales strategy; developing, designing and implementing sales incentive plans and structures that align to our strategy, with application of best practice to design, administration, governance and communication of sales incentive programs.
- Interfaces globally with Commercial Excellence and Compensation professionals to ensure consistency and collaboration relative to programs & processes.
- Interactions frequently involve attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization and function.
- Manages a team of 10+ resources.
- Work with senior leaders to understand the business strategy and requirements as a baseline to assess current and future incentive plan designs.
- Present assessment findings and new program/plan design recommendations to Executive leadership for input and approval; provide detailed analysis on incentive plan effectiveness and measure variances from established projections and metrics to enable decision-making;
- Ensure the business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback to department head as needed.
- Oversee, review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results and consult with Vice-President, Total Rewards as needed.
- Provide leadership and oversight across each geography and business on the review and development of incentive programs; linking programs to the overall compensation philosophy and corporate/business goals.
- Determine positions and departments where incentive programs will be effective in accomplishing the overall corporate strategy.
- Ensure participation in global incentive compensation surveys to review the current state of the company’s variable compensation system as it relates to our overall business, target geography or industry.
- Using data from multiple sources, oversees the creation of models to project the effectiveness of newly designed compensation programs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of legislative developments and how they impact the compensation function.
- Work with external peers and vendors for thought leadership and consultation on the review, effectiveness and market positioning of our incentive plans to determine future designs and measurements.
- Partner with Commercial Excellence, Sales Management, and Finance to provide solutions relating to strategic sales initiatives, spends and related variable compensation needs.
- Partner with the broader Compensation team, Human Resources, Finance, and business partners to provide a bridge between incentive plans and other reward and recognition plans.
- Provide leadership and management to the global sales compensation team to set objectives, expectations and timelines.
- Determine staffing needs and oversee the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and development of the compensation team.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in progressively complex roles with demonstrated incentive program and policy accountability, preferably within the high-tech industry.
- Strong knowledge of the Sales function to be able to consult with Executive Management on critical decisions that impact the business
- The ability to obtain and effectively use information, including the ability to identify the information needed, seek the information from a variety of sources, and skillfully extract and report the information for business benefit.
- Working knowledge of employment legislation and regulations within geographies supported.
- Able to logically examine and interpret information from different sources to develop a course of action.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver difficult messages and driving change, while building and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders.
- Strategic thinker who can see long-term goals and balance against short and intermediate term needs.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy; ability to do root cause analysis.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to create a workplace environment that fosters collaboration, quality and excellence.
- Minimum-Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred- Master's Degree