- Proven ability to fully lead global insurance placement, including risk assessments, submission preparation, structure decisions, policy terms, marketing presentations and related activities, both domestic and international.
- Contractual risk management, including composing, editing and approving insurance terms for agreements with vendors, suppliers, leases and for customer agreements.
- Management of insurance brokerage relationships and related contractual matters.
- Supervision of staff of three including related development and performance activities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, advisor and consultant to field operations and corporate functions on various risks, insurance programs, and related solutions.
- ~10% travel for insurance placement renewals required.
- Strong analytical, financial, communication and negotiating skills required.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Pre and post-acquisition activities for due diligence and insurance integration.
- Work with business teams to adjust insurance programs as needed for new products or activities, especially medical and consumer end use products.
- Claims oversight and management in conjunction with Global Claims Manager.
- Experience with captive management oversight and utilization required, Vermont domicile experience a plus.
- Knowledge of novations and other captive insurance contractual issues.
- Work with Risk Management Finance Manager to develop final budgets for premium and claims and department expenses.
- Assist Treasurer with various board and marketing presentations.
Required Years of Experience
- 10+ years in Risk Mgmt., with history of increasing progressive responsibilities
- Undergraduate degree in related area required