Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. OVERVIEWThe Project Management Office (PMO) is a critical Global Real Estate (GRE) function that leads cross-teams in Real Estate, Real Estate Legal, Finance, Creative Services, Technical Design Services, Architecture & Engineering, and Construction. This position requires leadership and management of long term strategies, annual priorities and day-to-day tactics to ensure all financial and operational goals are met. It is critical to develop and maintain partnerships with all Real Estate and Store Development functions. The Director of Operations is a leader that supports compliance, analytics, communications and training needs of all functional teams. The Director will lead an immediate team of 4 direct reports and an overall team of approximately 10 members.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Strategic Leadership:
- Provide strategic vision, innovation guidance and mentoring across internal teams and cross-functional customer groups.
- Understand immediate issues and define own plan within larger strategy.
- Develop action plans in response to immediate and/or complex problems.
- Foresees issues and provides proactive solutions to closure.
- Escalates issues appropriately to Sr. Director or other Executive Leadership through trends and reporting.
- Establish a strong rapport with customers, genuinely conveying a sense of urgency and concern to resolve issues.
- Analyze process blockages, and recommend and or facilitate solutions to fruition.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Translate strategic vision, objectives and scope into project plan, and lead teams to execute.
- Fully responsible for the quality and integrity of operational analytics, trends, reports to drive Global Real Estate accountability.
- Responsible for implementing relevant best practices into existing workflow or in replacement of existing workflow, as appropriate.
- Responsible for utilizing process management skills to address a variety of issues and develop process resolution in the absence of established processes and/or policies
- Organize and drive consistent SOP’s, communication, training, analytics across Global Real Estate teams.
- Responsible to ensure delivery of the following:
- Accurate, reliable and credible reporting (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, ad hoc)
- Consistent and reliable Department Reporting (performance, trends)
- Professional and polished Department Communications and Training (Quarterly Meetings, Quarterly Newsletters, Ad Hoc communication tools, Ad Hoc vendor/department training on all tools and reports)
- Best in class Audit and Control Results (SOX, Financial, Ad Hoc)
KEY EXPERIENCESCore Competencies:
- 8 – 10 years of management experience with Operations and strategy expertise.
- Ability to support, encourage, grow talent/teams and bring the best out of them.
- Ability to assess and manage high and low performers, conduction appropriate development conversations and take immediate actions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Logical, methodical and intuitive thinker.
- Effective negotiator.
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Ability to analyze data and draw trends to inform decisions/actions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with executive presence.
- Self-starter capable of operating with little supervision and the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Pride of ownership in deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.