Position Summary: Reporting to the Global Vice President of Procurement, the Director of Global Real Estate will develop cost effective real estate solutions in alignment with the needs of the business including decision support for location, lease vs. own, length of lease terms, financial commitment, exit strategies and operating expense budgets, all of which influence the scope, timing and cost of strategic business decisions. Portfolio size is over 150 leased and owned locations totaling approximately 2 million sq. ft.
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with the strategic business units to determine real estate requirements and provide information relative to market conditions, anticipated costs, transaction viability and expected timelines. Support the strategic business units in developing real estate business cases and securing required leadership approvals.
- Execute strong project management skills to oversee large, complex real estate projects, including site selection and development of new sites, facility expansions, relocations, consolidations/co-location, facility closures, property sales of current and former sites, and management of environmental, architectural, engineering, and construction management vendors.
- Develop strategies for managing the financial impact of real estate to minimize real estate expenses, including occupancy costs, taxes, leasehold improvements, etc., enhancing the optimization of operating expenses vs. square feet of facilities occupied, pursuing state and/or local tax Incentives and managing impact of tax re-assessments, proactively assessing opportunities for co-location of sites/offices and negotiating broker commissions and related rebates when applicable.
- Coordinate a global team of internal real estate professionals responsible for transacting and maintaining the company's global real estate portfolio. Support and coach the team to ensure the achievement of the enterprise financial, risk, quality and performance objectives.
- Maintain global relationships with broker, legal, developer, landlord, contractor and vendor communities.
- Execute lease agreements and ensure that all lease documentation accurately reflects the business terms negotiated and that the terms negotiated protect the company's best interests.
- Oversee the transaction process end-to-end, including strategy development, project planning, team assembly, overseeing market surveys and tours, coordinating site visits, alternative comparison, developing the negotiating strategy, leading negotiations, document review, approval preparation, signing and close out reporting, as provided by the assigned Global Real Estate Services and outlined in the Real Estate Master Services Agreement.
- Engage with legal counsel to review lease documentation to review lease documentation to ensure that lease terms and conditions are effectively reflected in the agreements.
- Manage lease administration team, ensuring effective management of leases and resolution of occupancy issues.
- Monthly forecasting and reporting of activities and results
- Promote adoption of best practices related to the management of global real estate
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Real Estate or related discipline required. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of real estate management experience required, including experience leading all aspects of major real estate projects in a large, corporate environment
- 3+ years experience in real estate financial analysis and analysis of real estate market data.
- 3+ years experience executing and negotiating lease, purchase and sale, and consultant contracts.
- 15% Domestic travel required; some international
- Demonstrated track record of building trust and operating effectively within a dynamic and changing organization.
- Team player with a strong ability to build relationships and instill confidence and trust with executive management and internal stakeholders.
- Team builder who can who can motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, clients, vendors, brokers, landlords, contractors and developers, brokers, internal and external legal counsel.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with demonstrated influencing skills and the ability to build and leverage internal and external alliances.
- Must be able to adapt to and work effectively in an environment of continuous change.