Director, Global Privacy Job LocationsUS-AZ-MesaCategory Information Technology Type Full-Time
Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. A combination of the global capabilities and talents of American Traffic Solutions (ATS), Highway Toll Administration (HTA), and Euro Parking Collection (EPC), the company develops technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. Verra Mobility fosters the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities by operating more than 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras in more than 200 jurisdictions across North America. The company also creates smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for more than 8.5 million vehicles. Verra Mobility is a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year through connectivity with more than 50 individual tolling authorities and more than 400 issuing authorities. Arizona-based Verra Mobility Corp. currently operates in 15 countries and in 22 languages.
Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and easily, Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers, regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow’s smart mobility experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by relationships, driven by impact, guided by what’s right, and energized by what’s next.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values—Do What’s Right, Lead withGrace, Win Together, and Own It—in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
The Director, Global Privacy will lead the development of Verra Mobility’s data privacy strategic objectives and framework, and lead the company’s privacy programs. The Director, Global Privacy willensure through policies, processes, programs and controls that the objectives are met and that the framework supports business success while promoting compliance with existing and emerging data privacy laws and best practices.
- Lead the development of Verra Mobility’s global privacy program strategy
- Monitor changes in laws, practices, and company policies
- Adjust privacy program based on internal and external environmental changes
- Build collaborative relationships across the business and relevant functions (e.g., Legal, Info Security, Human Resources, Business Units) to work toward privacy goals
- Assume program management responsibilities for the privacy program, including management of strategic road map and rollout of privacy solutions and technologies to support privacy compliance, factoring in the expansion of Verra Mobility’s products and services and evolving analytics strategy
- Work with various stakeholders to implement privacy policies and programs across the business
- Develop tools and methodologies to ensure ongoing compliance, including a framework for international transfer of personal data
- Develop and manage the framework for risk management and compliance for privacy, including monitoring, auditing, reporting, and evaluation of the privacy management program
- Lead the company’s response to privacy complaints, potential breaches and investigations by privacy regulators
- Support the development of a privacy and data protection team
- Foster a culture of privacy and transparency and demonstrate leadership through policy and business partnerships. Cultivate the company’s reputation for trustworthiness related to privacy among key external stakeholders, including commercial customers, consumers, regulators, and thought leaders.
- Conduct ongoing privacy awareness activities, including development and delivery of a training curriculum to applicable groups, and identify opportunities to integrate awareness across business functions
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA, and monitor advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance
- Monitor developments in global privacy requirements and best practices
- Act directly or through global teams as Verra Mobility’s official privacy representative toregulators, data protection authorities and agencies
- Law degree (JD) and/or graduate degree in business, public policy, data science, or regulatory compliance. IAPP Certifications CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/IT and/or CIPT preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the privacy profession with an in-depth knowledge of global privacy laws
- Experience with building, implementing, and maintaining a global privacy program
- Expert knowledge of privacy laws and practices
- The ability to articulate privacy across the organization and drive awareness and adoption asrequired
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment
- Comprehensive understanding of compliance frameworks, security standards, and enabling technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications and influencing skills
- Proven track record of success working with an organization’s senior leadership, and experience developing and leading international teams
- Information systems or technology knowledge desirable
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values:
- Do What’s Right – We’ve committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers – integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace – We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It – We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together – We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeedVerra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.