The Director of Global Portfolio and Strategic Marketing distinguishes himself/herself through exceptional leadership, communication and planning skills and the ability to positively affect results. This position develops the Pain franchise’s strategic and portfolio plans, through active and frequent partnership and communication with the global Marketing, Sales, R&D, Business Development and other functional teams. It manages and coordinates the global strategy, central market research and market analytics functions in support of the global commercial teams. It identifies opportunities for, defines, evaluates and prioritizes the new product development pipeline. It is responsible for identifying a pool of acquisition segments and targets and performing initial evaluations for the most promising targets that align with the portfolio and strategic plan. This person and his/her team will interface regularly with Avanos teams globally, to ensure the product pipeline, strategic plan, and acquisition strategies reflect global market needs. His/her team is responsible for developing and evaluating business cases and financial assessments in support of critical projects, and presenting value creating projects to the senior leadership team for funding requests and resource support. This position is also responsible for budget adherence and performance management within the department. This position is a member of the Pain Franchise Leadership Team and is expected to actively contribute to and partner with that leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in developing short and long-range goals and objectives that align with the strategic growth plans of the company and position the company for maximum sustained growth.
- Pain Portfolio Strategy and Development
- Partners with Regions, Product Mgt, and R&D to develop a consolidated long-range plan.
- Identifies portfolio gaps and new product development opportunities
- Prioritizes new product development projects for Pain franchise.
- Create and own the Advisory Board (Key Stakeholders)
- Participate in KOL relationships
- Business Development
- Exploration of white space
- Works with Franchise and Business Development Managers on identification of gaps and seeks solutions
- Vets potential acquisition targets or partners
- Member of M&A teams and integration teams as needed
- Leads the market analytics function responsible for the following:
- Develops a market model across the businesses and establishes key inputs required from the product managers
- Responsible for creating market models for each new proposed project
- Creates needed reports and helps track metrics
- Pulls data from multiple databased for analysis
- Financial analysis of new projects
- Leads the market research function responsible for the following:
- Drives and facilitates internal research
- Organizes and facilitates Advisory Boards and supports Product Managers
- Identifies and manages external research partners
- Responsible for owning and updating a global repository of market research
- Supports the global leadership teams and associated strategy meetings, as needed.
- Education and/or Experience – Master’s degree preferred and/or equivalent experience with a minimum of 10 years proven and progressive global marketing and management experience, preferably in the healthcare and/or medical device industry.
- This position should have experience in the following areas:
- Development of strategic partnerships
- Managing teams with proven results
- Ability to gain consensus and commitment
- Familiarity with multiple channels of distribution in worldwide markets
- Must work effectively with Senior-level executives, physicians, and leaders and staff of affiliated institutions and enterprises.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning, portfolio and business opportunity analysis, and market research.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3 year period.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- A demonstrated ability to train, develop and lead employees to generate results.
- Must have a strong customer orientation.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills including presentation skills.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must be committed to company values.