Reporting to the VP, Global Channel Sales, the Director, Global MSSP (ManagedSecurity Service Provider) has global responsibility for Cofence's MSSP Alliances focused on driving embedded Security Solutions with key Strategic Service providers. Activities include delivering joint wins within industry verticals and enterprise geographies. Identify, Create, Prioritize and Execute on joint go-to market solutions and overall Global Strategy. Evangelize and drive cross-training and readiness activities to promote knowledge transfer to effectively enable our MSSP’s and create demand. Work with cross-functional teams internally and externally to form a collaborated effort. Build effective executive relationships through regular joint business reviews and technology briefings to direct, educate & communicate business plan priorities and progress.
- Recruits and establishes productive and professional business relationships with key personnel in strategic MSSP accounts.
- Coordinate Cofense and partner resources to enable readiness among partner and Cofense sales reps to create incremental opportunity.
- Meet assigned targets and objectives by driving profitable sales volume through strategic partnerships in assigned accounts.
- Engage with the MSSP’s weekly to ensure we foster the relationship and having them keep Cofense top of mind.
- Enforce MSSP partner engagement accountability via Salesforce activity logging.
- Proactively assesses, clarify, and validateMSSP(s) needs on an ongoing basis.
- Assist our direct sales rep(s) with account mapping where applicable
- Manages potential channel conflict through excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption while keeping top of mind of company programs among assigned partners.
- Identify and recruit new MSSP channel partners as needed to ensure growth expectations are met.
- Completes MSSP partner account planning sessions that meet company standards.
- Achieves assigned sales quota and profitability in designated partner accounts.
- Continually growing pipeline opportunities.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Initiates and completes any training and development objectives, including demos, within the assigned accounts and required time frame.
- Provides weekly activity reviews highlighting performance to plan results and plans to close any Gaps.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and othersales and management resources as needed.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to supportresponsibilities within specific partner accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to travel50% globally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum five years of MSSP channelsalesexperience in a business-to-businesssales environment within the information security sector.
- Competitive salary and commission
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.