At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, ground-breaking and ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicine.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the Global Marketing Team of the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) as a Director, Marketing DS8201 franchise with whom is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic and operational commercial plan in the dynamic HER2 therapeutic class. The position is an opportunity to define the future of AstraZeneca's product(s) which will continue to revolutionize the treatment paradigm in oncology.
Reporting to the DS8201 Franchise Head, Noreen Parsons, this is a key role responsible for the development and implementation of both the strategic and operational plan that delivers a world class launch for metastatic breast cancer, and any future programs for DS8201 in breast cancer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for leadership and development of go to market launch strategy
- Develops, evaluates and evolves the global brand strategy and brand positioning
- Accountable for all operational implementation of designated programs
- Develops and implements global activities for pre-launch & up to 3 years post launch including disease awareness, launch preparation plans, P&MA input and with medical affairs, global KOLs mapping and engagement.
- Leads breast cross functional teams including Medical Affairs, Business Insights, Pricing Market Access, Communications
- Accountable for engaging with OBU countries and regions and to ensure launch readiness / commercial excellence
- Accountable for the development and ownership of global commercial forecast and high-level P&L
- Responsible for proposing plans for global brand performance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Science subject
- Experience of Oncology marketing including Global launch experience
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience (or external equivalent)
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch
- Delivery of high impact above and in market customer facing/shaping initiatives
- Strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to influence and lead across local markets to ensure strong executional commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs & constructively resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, providers
- Effective cross-functional & cross-market project team leadership and influencing skills
- Effective working with medical affairs and promotional affairs stakeholders delivering highest quality initiatives to AZ promotional standards
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success
- Proven senior commercial track record: focus, resource securing and deployment
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies and governance
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.