As we scale GoDaddy with multiple product, geo and channel teams, the Director will help build a system to effectively manage our growth and complexity. In partnership with the VP of Global Marketing Community, this is new leadership role will be responsible for defining and building our global GoDaddy marketing community and will do so by leading planning and inserting operational excellence into the team’s short- and long-term initiatives. The Director’s efforts will focus on marketing talent, capability definition and development, as well as the necessary operating mechanisms to ensure velocity within a high-performing marketing organization. The role will leave an indelible impact on the organization and touch all marketing teams as we look to be a destination for marketers at all stages of their careers.
- Define and launch the organizational attributes, structures and processes that will guide the Global Market Organization (GMO) toward its strategic growth goals and make GoDaddy a world-class marketing org.
- Plan, build, manage and own the creation of the execution platform for the Global Marketing Organization.
- Provide traditional operations support and services, including organizational planning, vendor management, procurement, measurement and budget oversight.
- Build and execute communication strategies that align cross-functional teams.
- Oversee internal team communication activities, culture-building work and ensuring that all GMO employees are informed, equipped, trained, incented, recognized and engaged.
- Drive the evolution of marketing within GoDaddy by focusing on equipping individuals and teams with the skills necessary to prepare for growth and scale.
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the organization to create the Global Marketing Community.
- Create development support for GMO employees including onboarding new members and a learning and development strategy for the organization.
- World-class “joining forces” mentality, with an ability to define and break through dependencies.
- An attitude of inquiry to develop hypotheses for the Marketing community team that will drive impact.
- Operational excellence to identify and operationalize repeatable processes to drive efficiency across the GMO team.
- Innovation and the ability to execute for today, pioneer for tomorrow.
- Initiative to work independently, and meet commitments in complex operations environment.
- Influence and ability to work with and help build an effective organization that is geographically dispersed and culturally diverse.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in communicating with senior leadership.
- Interpersonal Influence with high-energy, quick learner
- Demonstrated capability to execute with little guidance and oversight
- Outcomes focus
- Strong work ethic and a leader that believes in a collaborative/inclusive approach
- Strategic agility and judgment
- Experience working with world-class highly-matrixed organizations
- Exceptional program management skills; communicating and driving progress against milestones at an executive level
- Experience in working with remote, cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
Job ID R003768