Sensata's Performance Sensing Business Unit accounts for approximately 70% of its net revenue. It develops and manufactures sensors used in a range of applications, including automotive air-conditioning, braking, transmission and air bag applications, as well as HVAC applications. Sensata is supporting development across a number of components critical to future electric and autonomous vehicles. Its customers consist of all major global automotive OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and their Tier 1 suppliers. Its products can be found under the hood of cars sold by all major manufacturers worldwide.
Sensata's Sensing Solutions Business Unit accounts for approximately 30% of its net revenue. Its products are sold into industrial, heavy vehicle and off-road, aerospace, military, commercial, and residential end-markets. It derives its revenue from sensor and control products which drive efficiency and prevent damage from excess heat and/or current in a range of applications within these end-markets. Customers include commercial and residential heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration, heavy vehicle, and light industrial systems manufacturers, to name a few. Additional products include bimetal electromechanical controls, thermal and magnetic-hydraulic circuit breakers, power inverters, and interconnectors.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and develop strategic initiatives that will enable long term growth.
- Identify and drive large scale, strategic opportunities for Sensata, both domestically and internationally, and develop actionable plan to execute on these opportunities.
- This role will serve as a Project Lead for multiple strategic initiatives, and will be expected to thoroughly detail all problems, organize cross-functional teams, and propose and manage timely analyses with predetermined milestones.
- Ultimately, the Leader will establish well supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical go/no go decisions.
- Interface with global engineering, manufacturing and sales team to develop new products to win New Business Opportunities while enhancing existing product lines.
- Maintains relationships with customers, vendors and partners.
- The Leader will own and drive these strategic initiatives through concept, management alignment, and execution.
- Establish pricing strategies and responsible for reviewing and approving quotations to customers.
- Present strategy and business plans regularly to management as well as reporting updates on results against business objectives to the regional & global VPs, COO, CEO and Members of the Board of Directors.
- Forecast net revenue projection and reporting including analysis and understanding of end market and market trends.
- Review and approve quarterly and long range forecasts that support business objectives.
- Support M&A: Identify inorganic growth opportunities for Sensata.
- Landscape Analysis: Conduct primary commercial diligence for new markets/white space.
- Pipeline Development: Develop deal thesis, drive commercial diligence work plan, lead development of post-closing integration plans. Strategic Due Diligence.
- Deal Execution: work with Corporate M&A team on stage gate process to closure.
- PMI: Contribute to post-merger integration planning after successful acquisitions.
- Consulting Experience: a minimum of two years of consulting with a top-tier firm, having worked on growth strategy projects and conducted strategic due diligence on multiple cases
- Analytical Rigor: the ability to run highly complicated quantitative and financial analysis in a defect-free manner
- Structured and Logical Thinking: the ability to dissect a problem in a structured approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis
- Powerful Communication: the ability to communicate persuasively, both verbally and on paper
- Education: an undergraduate degree in engineering, and an MBA (or advanced degree) from a top school
- Experience in engineering or operational role at an automotive, aerospace, or industrial company desired
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual's ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
The successful candidate will:
- Be modest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
- Be highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
- Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable developing and giving presentations to senior individuals both inside and outside the company