The company is preparing for multiple commercial launches across all three Strategic Therapeutic Areas, and it is building its global Patient Access and Value function to influence all clinical programs and optimize the pricing and reimbursement potential of all Alnylam's innovative products.
We are searching for an experienced Global Pricing and Market Access Strategy lead for the company's ATTR franchise, which has Alnylam's leading compound Patisiran and its promising follow-up compound TTRsc02. The role will be responsible for both global pricing and market access strategy development and Rest-of-World (ROW) execution, when needed. You will work closely with Project Team, Global and US Brand Teams, regional market access teams, Medical Affairs, HEOR, and Finance to build best-in-class process in maximizing Patient Access and Values for Alnylam's innovative products.
The position will report to the Sr. Director of Global Market Access and Pricing and be located in Cambridge, MA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Develop ATTR franchise pricing and market access framework to support overall franchise co-positioning strategy
- Work with regional market access teams to provide consolidated inputs into Patisiran's life cycle management discussions
- Collaborate and function as a Co-lead of global Medical, Access and Commercial (MAC) TTR team
- Proactively shape TTRSc02 clinical development program and overall commercial strategies to optimize its pricing and market access potentials
- Manage global pricing band to minimize the international pricing reference risks
- Evolve global pricing and market access strategies and Global Value Dossier for Patisiran based on life cycle development program and regional business needs
- Provide global support in regional/local market access executions, when needed
- Assure two-way communications between global and regional access teams
- Work to increase internal awareness on pricing opportunities and risks among senior management
- Advanced Scientific and/or Business Degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, MBA, or equivalent)
- 10 years business experience with at least 7 years of global pricing/market access experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Successfully developed and executed a global pricing and market access strategy in a recent global launch
- Track record of applying payer insights to influence the clinical development program
- In depth knowledge on key markets' reimbursement system and price setting process
- Hands on experience in pricing and reimbursement negotiations in US and key ex-US markets e.g. Canada, Germany, France, UK, Japan, Brazil, etc. are preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical skills, including good understanding of HEOR methodologies.
- Experience in elevating market access function in a matrix company
- Background in orphan disease is preferred but not required
- Ability to motivate and mentor team members and continue building the core capabilities of the team.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational/administrative skills.
- Clear Alignment with Alnylam Core Values:
- Commitment to People
- Innovation and Discovery
- Sense of Urgency
- Open Culture
- Passion for Excellence
- 10-20% travel both within the United States and internationally.