Leads and oversees GIB Operations globally ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Director, GIB Operations and Business Management is a new role positioned to add value by managing the operational aspects and procedures of GIB business across all of its offices and teams.
Reporting directly to MD, Strategy and Business Management, the Director has strong business acumen and is a key member of the team providing expertise and knowledge for the full spectrum of business activities including: Finance and Administration, Operational Risk and Compliance, Legal, Information Technology and other GBM partners as appropriate. This would include assessing the business processes within GWO and ensuring that adequate controls are in place and operating effectively
A proven leader and people manager, she/he will provide ongoing coaching and development to her team and promote the Bank’s culture and strategic priorities within GIB
1. Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
2. Manage the day-to-day Operations by partnering with Investment Banking, Finance and Administration, Operational Risk, Compliance, Legal, and Information Technology groups (and other GBM teams as needed)
3. Drive change and improvement by convening, informing, supporting, influencing and mentoring; and ensure all operations are effectively integrated to achieve best possible outcomes
4. Sets business direction at an operational level and collaborates with other teams to establish and execute objectives
5. Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad organizational goals and growth objectives in consultation with MD, GIB Strategy and Business Management and Senior Leadership
6. Develop a strong understanding of Salesforce, its MIS capabilities and the monitoring of it to support business objectives
7. Represent GIB on committees or working groups as required and interface with various areas of the bank regarding initiatives impacting the growth and operations of GIB
8. Oversee and manage administrative and office management team who assist industry heads in arranging client meetings, events, travel/entertainment, etc.
9. Continue to foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and support
10. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
11. Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
12. Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience
University degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
Requisition ID: 22587