We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Director of Global Infrastructure Services will play a leading role in the planning, management, and execution of the enterprise wide technology strategy including infrastructure and end user services transformation.
The role is responsible for setting the strategic vision for IT infrastructure and cloud services, service desk and end user support functions. This includes data centers, networks, service desk, telecommunications, web services, and related technologies and services in a globally distributed manufacturing environment.
This position requires a mix of strategic IT planning and tactical execution skills. We need someone with a proven track record in data center and network operations, IT security, the design and implementation of scalable IT infrastructure and an ability to use contemporary IT technologies.
In this role you will act as a technology advisor to senior management, be responsible for global infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery standards, and ensuring infrastructure improvements are aligned with company goals. You will also determine and establish metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and service level agreements (SLAs) for driving infrastructure performance.
- Be a trusted advisor to internal leaders by seeing the big picture and translating business strategies into actionable technology roadmaps and project plans
- Lead the global corporate strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g. ITIL) as related to the needs of the business
- Demonstrated ability to partner in a matrixed organization to drive key critical decisions and resolve complex problems
- Identifying the right balance of in-house versus professional services consultants to meet the demand for services
- Negotiate favorable software and professional services contracts with reputable vendors
- Manage complex and rapidly changing global budgets
- Drive effective governance and engagement with partners and suppliers to ensure cost-effectiveness and timely deliverables
- Develop high performing infrastructure professionals through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship, and coaching
- Scale the corporate infrastructure team globally, ensuring we have the right resource allocation, ratio of support and subject-matter-experts
- Be an inspirational leader who can attract and retain quality people globally to the organization and develop these individuals into a cohesive geographically distributed team
- Establish and maintain appropriate operational tools, monitoring methods and site metrics, and reporting to determine and track needs and trends for support, issues, and capacity
- Drive a customer service mindset measuring success using goals and metrics
- Establish infrastructure service levels for the company's global enterprise-wide user community
- Establish a culture of engineering excellence while maintaining a solid focus on security and operational quality
- Establish and manage senior level technical relationships with strategic vendors to feed the innovation process as well as ensure global delivery of initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required).Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of technology infrastructure experience and/or IT leadership of technology within a corporate environment
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years leadership experience in Information/Digital Technology managing matrixed technical teams and technology implementation projects within an aerospace manufacturing corporate environment
- Due to expected travel requirements, you should have a valid US Passport or be able to obtain one.
- Ability to provide strategic technical leadership and lead by influence the creation of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) roadmaps in a virtual environment
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable collaboration, consensus and operational results
- Highly skilled at analyzing business process and seeing opportunities for digital solutions
- Experience in supplier management, Project Management, SDLC, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills, work ethic and a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity with executive presentation experience, comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership, lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred