$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Viasat is looking for an energetic, highly-organized professional to provide leadership and oversight of EHS programs in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and highly collaborative environment. This individual will provide strategic and tactical direction, leadership and technical knowledge to Viasat locations worldwide. The ideal candidate will have significant global expertise in EHS standards and best practices, legal compliance, risk management, and crisis management/emergency response. He or she will oversee a team of EHS professionals dedicated to implementing consistent and standardized EHS programs throughout the company.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide oversight and guidance to EHS team members to ensure their continued professional development and success. Foster a dynamic team environment to coach and facilitate collaborative relationships among team members, other functional groups, and worksites
• Support, implement and evaluate Viasat's EHS management system to improve employee engagement, reduce business risks, and guide personnel in continuous improvement initiatives. Utilize a proactive analytical approach to develop and improve programs and processes to meet the changing needs of the business
• Maintain a strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, standards, and internal EHS policies and procedures to provide guidance on EHS matters.
• Develop and analyze EHS KPIs to determine effectiveness and propose refinements to expedite development of a proactive EHS culture within the organization.
• Develop and maintain resources to provide technical and regulatory expertise in support of our international business efforts.
• Interface with regulatory agencies including OSHA, EPA, DOT, and their local and international counterparts in order to maintain a strong collaborative environment. Analyze the potential impact proposed and impending changes may have on operations
• Integrate with global market access team to develop and maintain compliant international EHS program efforts.
• Implement a comprehensive EHS Audit program to detect existing or potential environmental and/or safety hazards; determine corrective or preventative EHS measures where indicated, and ensure protective measures have been implemented.
• Champion and support ISO 14001 certification, and participate in audits as required. Work towards achieving ISO 45001 compliance
• Manage the EHS training program strategy, content and deployment, including targeted training, metrics, and effectiveness analysis. Deliver effective presentations at the individual, business sector and executive levels.
• Demonstrate the ability to efficiently interact and influence internal customers and key stakeholders.
• Integrate and embed with functional areas to identify potential EHS challenges, suggest options to mitigate risks, and advise leadership of prospective issues
• Interact with people from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds while supporting EHS initiatives worldwide
• Participate in EHS budget preparation and tracking, establishing and monitoring progress towards company goals
• Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor
• Exhibit a willingness to grow with the organization and commit to doing what it takes to attain aggressive organizational goals
• Exercise judgment as to the levels of involvement and intervention appropriate in order to meet organizational needs and EHS objectives.
• Degree in occupational health, safety, environmental engineering, or a related field. Masters preferred
• Hold at least one professional certification, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Safety Management Specialist (SMS), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHHM), Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) etc.
• Minimum of 8-10 years EHS management experience; 10+ years broad-based EHS experience; or the equivalent
• Technical/practical knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ANSI and NFPA regulations, codes and guidelines; ISO 14001; safety management systems; international EHS regulations a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to think strategically and implement on a tactical level
• Ability to work both in a team and as an individual without direct supervision. Self-motivated and self-managed
• Demonstrated success as a change agent
• Project management, analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills
• Proven record of establishing effective programs and delivering continuous performance improvements
• Strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to be consistently persuasive and credible across multiple levels and cultures
• Occasional travel (domestic and international)
• Extensive walking
• Lifting 35 pounds
• Possible extended hours to account for worldwide time zones
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
Valid Through: 2019-10-14