Make a DifferenceAt Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
- Lead, develop and manage a globally harmonized industrial hygiene program that will ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies as well as all company standards.
- Required to review all industrial hygiene projects, engage (as necessary) with regulatory authorities on topics related to industrial hygiene, support industrial hygiene testing related to all IH-driven projects, and lead industrial hygiene projects with third party companies (as necessary).
- Create with the evaluation of the physical, chemical and toxicological properties of potential and current products.
- Compile, analyze and interpret IH results and report conclusions.
- Assist with the development of Occupational Exposure Limits (OELs).
- Lead in the development of strategies for minimizing risk for employee protection and the environment.
- Lead the development of program regulations covering Industrial Hygiene.
- Ensure that personnel are trained, as necessary, on Industrial Hygiene-related topics.
- Respond to employees concerning various regulations and health and safety needs.
- Review related scientific literature and keep abreast of clinical and technical developments. Maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Participate in the development of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and processes within the Company that support the “best work environment” and the effective business operations.
- Communicate and endorse safety practices, monitor key safety performance indicators and visibly participate in promoting safety policies and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Industrial Hygiene or Science related field and 5 years of experience preferred. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Hygiene or Science related field and 5-7 years of experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Must possess knowledge of OSHA regulations, NFPA, EPA, DOT, ANSI, and ASTM regulations. Must possess knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations and various Codes of State Regulations.
- Must possess exceptional leadership skills that encompass visioning, planning, critical thinking and systems thinking, communication, persuading and influencing, problem solving and decision making skills, project management skills and the ability to “fix” and “build” operations/programs/processes.
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with managers or directors and communicate ambiguous concepts. Ability to present to groups across the organization.
- Ability to perform computations such as percentages, ratios, and rates.
- Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table. Intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. May be required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; kneel; and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Light lifting requirements. May be required to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: respiratory protection, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, and protective clothing.
- Normal office situation.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is preferred.