At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI's foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you'll belong and be encouraged.
Reporting to the leader of Global Networking, the candidate serves as the Director of Carrier Network Engineering. The candidate will be the business leader for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure's (OCI) external carrier networks providing Backbone, transit, peering and regional connectivity services within OCI and other Oracle business units. The leader of this space will be a domain expert and will drive the evolution of OCI's network infrastructure and drive the excellence within their space to deliver needs of the business as we continue to improve our footprint globally. An essential part of this role will be focused on driving further definition of our networking product and leading continuous improvement in how we design, deploy and expand our network.
The business leader will adapt business needs into tangible direction for the downstream service teams and provide visibility and needed direction upward to the executives within OCI. You will be the principal leader of your roadmap and long term strategy. In partnership with the other Networking leaders, the candidate will align our technology and trajectory with Network Planning, Network Operations, Network Automation, and Network Monitoring. As an ambassador for Global Networking, the leader will also drive cohesion with OCI services teams and partner with the extended business for delivery of our industry leading service suite.
The leader of this space will be the principal owner of their space helping coach their leaders, program managers and senior technical staff with hands-on guidance and mentorship. The leader will also be well versed in networking technologies, technical trends, business trends, budgeting, long term planning, organizational planning, performance management, and have the ability to run organizational programs.
Our bar is high for our leaders, yet rewarding, as you help shape our network product and serve our growing customer base.
The candidate will have demonstrable technical depth needed to run this unique space in addition to a strong track record of organizational management and leadership. The candidate should demonstrate 8+ years as a technical contributor and leader in addition to having 5+ years as a business leader. The candidate will lead one of the worlds most talented engineering teams, so you need the ability to challenge, coach, guide and negotiate on many technical facets of your business.
The candidate will have a college degree in computer science, engineering or a relevant field to demonstrate their ability to lead a highly technical area. Relevant experience with years of service with demonstrable execution may also help qualify the candidate. The leader's depth will be important to help guide our network into the future. Standards work, regulatory work, demonstrated industry leadership, industry policy generation will also be preferable attributes for this candidate.
A qualified candidate will have had requisite time leading and executing in network engineer/operations, software development, product development and systems deployment. Our leaders don't watch it happen; we make it happen.Responsibilities
Detailed Description and Job Requirement
- Develop, manage and lead global network engineering teams
- Lead and own the long term strategy for your area and contribute to the strategy for the wider organization
- Lead and own the execution roadmap of the team managing needed prioritization and alignment with the wider business
- Directly manage senior managers and skip level staff globally.
- Directly lead the functional areas of backbone engineering and global route control / traffic automation.
- Mentoring and coaching for all area leaders, senior technical staff, program managers with the ability to extend influence beyond their team
- Manage organization planning, hiring, performance management
- Manage leadership communication for their business, delivering needed strategies, execution plans, analysis and reporting
- Creator of needed presentations, documents and other artifacts needed to communicate across the organization
- Ability to lead networking engineering architecture and design practices with needed programs, process improvement, and organizational management
- Ability to lead software design practices with needed programs, process improvement and organizational management
- Drive budget management, forecasts, and short-term planning for technology programs along with finance and leadership
- Mange logistical challenges of complex technology introduction, technology introduction programs.
- Contribute to the network product definition and advancement in cooperation with the product teams
- Track and report the monetization of their services and infrastructure
- Deep knowledge of external, carrier networks including peering relationships, sub-sea cable licensing, national dark fiber, etc
- Understanding of global route management on a worldwide, cloud network.
- Manage project and technology short-term and long-term forecast for their technology domain
- Directly engage with group, section and global architects driving new technology development and deployments
- Development of new, or modification to existing, programs, processes and methods needed to run the organization and the team's output
- Thorough understanding of key networking technologies needed for cloud including: network design and fabrics, networking protocols, network automation, network telemetry and common hardware platforms
- Thorough understanding and ability to guide global / backbone / Internet area networking, relationships, partnerships, and business strategy
- Thorough understanding of software design and ability to run and build software platforms and solutions
- Drive vendor and supplier management with depth to help negotiate needed supplies, pricing, hardware delivery, and software/OS delivery
Disclaimer:Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the United States only
Hiring Range: from $120,300 to $291,900 per annum. May be eligible for bonus, equity, and compensation deferral.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle's differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
9. 11 paid holidays
10. Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
11. Paid parental leave
12. Adoption assistance
13. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
14. Financial planning and group legal
15. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insuranceAbout Us
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That's why we're committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued that we're inspired to go beyond what's been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law. * Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer