Supports the VP, GBM Onboarding in building a centre of expertise on global regulatory frameworks and their impact on client onboarding within GBM (e.g., Dodd Frank, FATCA/CRS, EMIR, Canadian Derivatives, MiFID).
An asset to GBM and all stakeholders within GBM, the incumbent is responsible for leading a team responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of regulations that affect the Global Banking & Markets business.
It will involve project management function, research and interpretation of the multitude of regulatory reform initiatives impacting the global markets.
Under the guidance of the VP Onboarding, the incumbent will provide guidance to the division and business lines on how the changing regulatory landscape will impact our approach to client onboarding and the ongoing management/reporting of these requirements.
The incumbent is adept at both providing the division with strategic analysis of a multitude of regulatory regimes as well as developing both strategic and tactical changes necessary to ensure clients are onboarded globally in accordance with changing regulations and in a manner that provides a superior client experience.
- The incumbent will have prior project team experience to manage a team of legal and operational experts to implement new and existing regulations affecting the trading activities of the Global Banking and Markets client base.
- Operates autonomously to research and interpret regulatory reform initiatives that potentially impact GBM client onboarding activities, and reports potential material impacts to management. Works to create a strategic plan and reporting to address evolving regulatory changes in a manner that is thoughtful, deliberate and seamless to affected stakeholders. Consistently demonstrates an expert knowledge of trading products and capital markets documentation requirements necessary to support the strategic plan.
- The incumbent effectively communicates and liaises with internal stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Front Office, GWO, RMIT, PMO, Senior/Executive Management etc.) as well as a broad network of external contacts (external counsel, industry associations, peers etc.) as required to build consensus on the impact of regulatory reform to client onboarding.
- Takes ownership for driving the structuring, rollout and ongoing management and reporting of process changes to our client onboarding model required to meet regulatory requirements globally.
5. Assists in the planning, creation and provision of the training tools necessary for onboarding teams to stay abreast of regulatory onboarding requirements as well as
developing and implementing communication strategies of any process chnages to affected stakeholders across the division.
Education/Work Experience/ Designations
1. 10 years’ industry experience in the capital markets, having covered multiple product areas and jurisdictions, either in the business or in a law firm environment. An LL.B./J.D. is highly desirable.
2. A sound understanding of the capital markets business is necessary, as is a client-centric approach to the role. The international scope of the business, together with the multiplicity of stakeholders, will require work outside of traditional business hours from time to time.
3. Excellent communication and organizational and project management skills are critical to the role. Interaction with internal and external contacts includes GBM senior management, trading and marketing desks, corporate bankers, legal counsel, clients and industry players. Effective presentation skills are essential.
4. Must be able to operate effectively within an exceptionally time sensitive environment with changing priorities and tight time frames which are closely scrutinized by Senior/Executive Management.
5. The position requires strong business acumen, sound judgment and critical thinking skills. The incumbent must be an action-oriented and self-motivated multi-tasker who possesses strong relationship management skills. It is critical that the incumbent be equally adept at both strategizing and implementing process change.
1. The Incumbent is required to sit at a desk continuously; however, there is opportunity for movement.
2. Concentrated use of visual attention is required when reviewing agreements. Some eye strain is possible due to this and the use of a PC.
3. Extreme stress is derived from pressure to meet deadlines as well as pressure from senior management to finalize issues.
4. Constant interruptions create difficulties when frequent complex analysis is required. Uncertain deadlines, the lack of control over the pace of decision-making by other Bank departments and some external counterparties at times can create frustration and delays.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries.
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Requisition ID: 2936.